Security breach at Buck.Palace Watch

This discussion is closed.
fordeletionpurposesonly.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
There's some random Father's for Justice guy on the balcony at Buckenham Palace dressed as Batman!

Bloody hell - how did that happen!? he's managed to get passed all the guards and scale the building!

Bit worrying, seen as this is meant to be one of the most secure buildings in Britain!?
Mad_Monkey59
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Maybe if they spent less time marching about and more time guarding it wouldnt happen, anyway... go batman!!!
SciFi25
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by red665)
There's some random Father's for Justice guy on the balcony at Buckenham Palace dressed as Batman!

Bloody hell - how did that happen!? he's managed to get passed all the guards and scale the building!

Bit worrying, seen as this is meant to be one of the most secure buildings in Britain!?
I work in a govt. building. The security is tighter at my local Tesco's!!
m:)ckel
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

this is the same group that hit blair with the powder bomb, isn't it?
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
rotflmfao @ him, brilliant.
fordeletionpurposesonly.
Rep:
?
(Original post by mockel)
this is the same group that hit blair with the powder bomb, isn't it?
Yeah - and they buggered up the London Eye just the other day by scaling up that too!
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yeah - and they buggered up the London Eye just the other day by scaling up that too!
hehe, when did that happen?
fordeletionpurposesonly.
Rep:
?
(Original post by mockel)
hehe, when did that happen?
Literally last week sometime - possibly Thursday or Friday?
4Ed
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by SciFi25)
what dept do u work in....

my dept (DWP) has tightish security, with ID cards and code locked doors.

not amazingly secure, but most ppl wouldn't gain much by breaking in except a load of paperwork about how much pension OAPs get....
Fly By
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

the security for the royals has been a bloody joke, they keep saying they'll do soemthing. but they only do something when something happens...bloody useless.
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Literally last week sometime - possibly Thursday or Friday?
okay. so first they hit the houses of parliament, then the eye, and now the palace.....can anyone see a pattern emerging?
by the looks of it, it'll be victoria station next!
SciFi25
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by 4Ed)
what dept do u work in....

my dept (DWP) has tightish security, with ID cards and code locked doors.

not amazingly secure, but most ppl wouldn't gain much by breaking in except a load of paperwork about how much pension OAPs get....
Highways Agency, part of the DFT. Though I leave on Friday!!
4Ed
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Highways Agency, part of the DFT. Though I leave on Friday!!
nice. i'm leaving the following Friday.

The problem is, if the royals spend too much on security, there's always going to be some losers grumbling about too much taxpayer's money spent on the monarchy who, in their opinion, shouldn't exist anyway. can't have it both ways can you?
LH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
The problem is once he runs past guards and starts scaling the building what are the guards supposed to do? Shoot him? Climb after him and pull him down? In front of hundreds of witnesses?! It makes more sense to secure the building from within and ensure he does not gain full access to the building.

Which I'm sure they did.
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
The problem is once he runs past guards and starts scaling the building what are the guards supposed to do? Shoot him? Climb after him and pull him down? In front of hundreds of witnesses. It makes more sense to secure the building from within and ensuring he does not gain full access to the building.

Which I'm sure they did.
apparently they threatned to shoot :O
4Ed
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by fishpaste)
apparently they threatned to shoot :O
well maybe they should have done. he could have been a terrorist playing on F4J's prank name to gain access to BP wearing a batman outfit.

thank god he wasn't.
LH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by 4Ed)
well maybe they should have done. he could have been a terrorist playing on F4J's prank name to gain access to BP wearing a batman outfit.

thank god he wasn't.
I'm quite surprised they didn't shoot actually - what if his Utility Belt had been packed with explosives?
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by 4Ed)

thank god he wasn't.
good point
Tev
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
There was a Robin too but they caught him.
Fluffy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
The security at the FSA is very tight.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (161)
18.46%
No (530)
60.78%
Not really bothered about them (181)
20.76%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise