Hali G
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
In chemistry, in the first term I got BCCC and so I'm predicted a C at the moment. Which isn't that bad for first term year 12 for chemistry. I would say with what I've done so far I find organic chemistry quite difficult. But I'm working on it building up my confidence on the topic. Got a mock on topics I've done so far on Tuesday. So I've been revising all weekend and will don tomorrow and in my two frees on Tuesday morning. And I'm pretty confident I'll pass. But I'm just hoping for the best.
My aim for chemistry by the end of the year is to be predicted between B/A.
As I want to do medicine in uni.
TheMythicalBeast
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Beg your teachers. I got a B in AS and my teacher agreed to predict me an A because I want to do medicine. Universities look at your predicted grades a lot, so your only other options if you get predicted a B is to do some access schemes to get a lower offer
HateOCR
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by TheMythicalBeast)
Beg your teachers. I got a B in AS and my teacher agreed to predict me an A because I want to do medicine. Universities look at your predicted grades a lot, so your only other options if you get predicted a B is to do some access schemes to get a lower offer
No they don’t. Only some unis care a lot about predicted grades such as Exeter. Many unis couldn’t care less about your predicted grades as long as they are AAA since your A-levels are linear. GCSEs now have a higher impact on your UCAS application than predicted grades. If you can get a B at AS you can talk to your teachers they are likely to move it up if you show them that this year you have been working consistently hard. Good luck.
TheMythicalBeast
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
That’s what I meant, as in get predicted at least AAA and you’ll be fine but if you get predicted below you may not be as fine. My GCSE’s were average but still got 3 interviews for medicine so they don’t seem to care that much, and I’ve heard that universities care less and less about your GCSE’s
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (23)
13.37%
I need help researching courses (12)
6.98%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
5.23%
I need help with my personal statement (72)
41.86%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (40)
23.26%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.74%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (13)
7.56%

Watched Threads