Study then sleep or sleep and wake up early?

Watch
username3681046
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
- Haven't done even 50% of studying
- I feel my eyes getting heavy
- have only about less than 10 hours left to exam

Update: I think it went well

"In theory sleep and wake up early, in practice it is hard to get out of bed no matter the time. As the old saying goes, if you can do something now, don't put it off until later."- this is so true for me, it's really hard to get out of bed. The doing something now part made me want to study, I need to be reminded of that all the time!

MY ACTION: Tried to do as much as I could, and writing notes down so I can try to memorize it when I wake up. After I slept, I am able to memorize stuff better, generally did better in the morning. BUT getting started and continuing the study momentum I had during the night was worth it.

"Sleep 8 hours Study 2 hours"
I kinda get where you're coming from, I've done this, I think.
I did not however, slept that much because I know myself too well and had a brief idea of my weak areas in the subject after skimming through lecture notes, and I knew I did not have the luxury, at that time, to sleep 8 hours. What I got from your "study 2 hours" bit was, even if it's just 2 hours left, just use the time and study. That made me procrastinate less I think.

LESSON: I got a good 3 hours of sleep BECAUSE my heart felt a bit satisfied + less worried that I did as much as I could that night.
Honestly, if I did not study that night, I would've extended my sleep becauseI wouldn't realize how much I would actually have to do for the remaining of the time in the morning, thus thinking I would've been able to handle it, and then PANICKING.
I learned from last semester, that studying in a state of panic makes me not get things easier into my head.
That's also why studying last night was a good idea, the morning of exam I just had to polish my understanding on topic weakness and briefly research things where necessary.
YouTube helped a lot too; when in rush to review topics, listen to YouTube tutors! lolol (But not always)

I am super grateful for the response and support! I am a huge sucker for support from others, I think it really really made my choice to study more and procrastinate less, stronger. Thank you everyone. I hope someone benefits from this thread.
adflye
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
To to bed and get up early. You wont remember anything if you keep studying when you're tired ☺.
Have a cup of coffee in the morning and you'll be fine!
qxeen_bev
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
sleep then wake up early
u'll remember more
monkeyman0121
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It is better to sleep and study earlier, your brain works more efficiently earlier in the morning. ( I swear I saw this somewhere, might be wrong but still best to sleep and then work.)
Chichaldo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by redhorse.shoe)
In theory sleep and wake up early, in practice it is hard to get out of bed no matter the time. As the old saying goes, if you can do something now, don't put it off until later.
username3673796
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
HateOCR
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by redhorse.shoe)
Sleep 8 hours study 2 hours.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (208)
33.44%
No (414)
66.56%

Watched Threads