Rock Fan
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Ok so who used to read her books as a child or even still does?

I don't read many books but i'll be the first to admit I admired Paula Danziger's books especially "The cat ate my gymsuit" and "There's a bat in bunk five"

I only found out today Paula passed away as well back in 2004.
Crosseyed And Painless
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I borrowed There's A Bat In Bunk Five in primary school and never gave it back...
hobnob
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I think I read one of her books when I was eleven(ish). Something with the word 'pistachio' in the title. I quite liked it at the time.
Nally
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by hobnob)
I think I read one of her books when I was eleven(ish). Something with the word 'pistachio' in the title. I quite liked it at the time.
Awww 'The Pistachio Prescription'. I have all of those books and read them religiously as a child, might dig them out and start reading again.
hobnob
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yes, that's the one. I didn't even know she had written others.
Rock Fan
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
She's written loads, I used to love the Cat ate my gymsuit and there's a bat in bunk five.
hobnob
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Rock Fan)
She's written loads, I used to love the Cat ate my gymsuit and there's a bat in bunk five.
I might check those out sometime, then. I still love children's books, even though I'm a bit too old for them, really.
abc101
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I read 'Can You Sue Your Parents For Malpractice?' when I was younger and loved it.
Nally
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I loved 'This Place has no Atmophere' and 'Remember me to Harold Square'. I also really wanted to move to Woodstock and live with Phoebe and Rosie!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (115)
17.83%
It's just nice to be back! (177)
27.44%
Not great so far... (229)
35.5%
I want to drop out! (124)
19.22%

Watched Threads