The Student Room Group

my gcse revision

how to start revision without any stress.
Original post by Musty_1211
how to start revision without any stress.

Don't...
Reply 2
just start
Brilliant! This is a perfect time to start! Here are my top tips from the hard and painful experience of an anxious procrastinator.

1. Write down all of your subjects and decide which are the hardest/which ones you need to start on most.

2. Don't make a calendar or chart unless you'll stick to it. I'm assuming that if you have to make this post, you like me are not one of those lucky, naturally organised people. Buy some nice stationery and lots of cue cards/paper for posters/ whichever way you like to revise. And start now!

3. Spend an hour each evening making cue cards for a topic of a subject (or other way you like revising, it might be different for each subject), and some more time at the weekend depending upon how busy you are. As you get nearer the exams, you can increase this time. Tell your family that you're studying then and not to disturb you, or go to your town library if that won't be possible (idk about you but nothing will stop my mum giving me chores. NOTHING)

4. If you get stressed out before revision, try going for a run or jog outside listening to your favourite music, taking a shower, getting a nice cup of tea in your pjs and then getting going. Calms me down every time.

5. If you hate/ can't motivate yourself to work at home, stay after school for an extra hour and study then. That way, you can ask teachers for help and by the time you get home, you can chill!

6. For the weekends, print off past papers and try to do one or two every week. For essay subjects like History or English, make plans of essays

7. Try revising with friends (this may not work. You might end up just watching movies, but try.) Ask each other quick-fire topic questions

7. You don't have to do all of these things. Remember that every little bit helps, to take a deep breath and everything will be fine

Quick Reply

Latest