The Student Room Group

Favorite inspirational movies

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hsalika
ive heard thats so good

A true tearjerker and masterpiece so go watch it!
we brought a zoo the Matt Damon quote "sometimes you only need 20 seconds of insane courage"

[video]https://youtu.be/ZmMFIganRQY[/video]
That one about a plane where this person has lost her daughter and no one believes her, and then this guy makes the captain think that the mother was hijacking/threatening the plane for money when in reality it was for him.

Then nearly everyone gets off the plane, the mother finds her daughter with a bomb next to her, but the other took the detonator from the guy.

They crawl into a hatch, explode the plane and then leave, killing the guy.

OOPS spoilers
Original post by Bill Nye
That one about a plane where this person has lost her daughter and no one believes her, and then this guy makes the captain think that the mother was hijacking/threatening the plane for money when in reality it was for him.

Then nearly everyone gets off the plane, the mother finds her daughter with a bomb next to her, but the other took the detonator from the guy.

They crawl into a hatch, explode the plane and then leave, killing the guy.

OOPS spoilers

But why??? What film?? Im so lost
Original post by toonervoustotalk
we brought a zoo the Matt Damon quote "sometimes you only need 20 seconds of insane courage"

[video]https://youtu.be/ZmMFIganRQY[/video]

Ive seen it. Its meh
Original post by hsalika
Ive seen it. Its meh

tbh the quote was the best part of the movie :rofl:
Original post by hsalika
But why??? What film?? Im so lost

Idk I missed the start, watched it yesterday
Original post by monkeyman0121
There was this film about a guy who was accused of doing something inappropriate to a young person. It was about the life of that person and how it all went downhill from when he was accused of it. (He did not do anything wrong, it shows a deep insight of how life can change real quick and that accusation of rape are really serious.)

I can't remember the name though.

I remember this - it was starring kate winslet and Kevin spacey. If this is the same movie it involved the death penalty. It was called something like the Story of David Gale.

Really underrated movie
Original post by That Bearded Man
I remember this - it was starring kate winslet and Kevin spacey. If this is the same movie it involved the death penalty. It was called something like the Story of David Gale.

Really underrated movie

Nope he didn't go to jail he was just being checked and stuff and when nothing was proved, everyone still hated him.
Undisputed 2, 3 & 4
Warrior
Blood & Bone
Commando
(edited 6 years ago)
Sicario is a heartwarming tale of 2 long lost acquaintances travelling through America and Mexico to have a family dinner together. Would recommend, really inspirational.
What dreams may come
Toy Story - the freak toys that Sid created.

Remember being terrified by them as a kid, but theyre actually really friendly and save the heroes.

Taught me "dont judge a book by the cover" at a young age.
I can't remember the title, but there was a film starring Chevy Chase and Rick Moranis as detectives who have to go undercover as rappers to foil a large drug deal. It ends with them having to take part in a rap battle. It was very amusing.
The shawshank redemption,
A beautiful mind,
Blood diamond

I love stand by me. One of my favorites but it's not quite inspirational in a 'pursuit of happiness' way.

I haven't seen it yet but I heard lion is good. planning to watch it with a friend when we are in that mood.
Original post by asif007
A Beautiful Mind
Good Will Hunting
Good Morning Vietnam
Dead Poets Society
The Fighter
Seven Pounds
Million Dollar Baby
Hotel Rwanda
Slumdog Millionaire
Mandela - Long Walk To Freedom
Gridiron Gang
Coach Carter
Secret Life Of Walter Mitty
Forrest Gump
Empire Of The Sun
The Theory Of Everything
October Sky
The Intouchables (French)
Diving Bell & The Butterfly (French)
Taare Zameen Par (Hindi)
Secret Superstar (Hindi)
Dangal (Hindi)
Veer Zaara (Hindi)
Bajrangi Bhaijaan (Hindi)
Tubelight (Hindi)
Sultan (Hindi)
Swades (Hindi)

I found the intouchables sooo over rated. Was recommended it so I made the suggestion. And now they (who I watched it with) won't let me forget how **** it was. It was okay but too long and a bit one dimensional. Storyline was kind of weak and cliche
Reply 36
Freedom Writers
Life of Pi
Hacksaw Ridge

Quick Reply

Latest