The Student Room Group

Mechanical Engineering: Bath or Leeds?

I have recently received conditional offers from both the University of Bath and the University of Leeds for MEng Mechanical Engineering. Both offers require A*AA, and after researching I have realised that there are no notable differences in the courses that will help me decide on which of the two to firm.

Both seem to be extremely similar in ranking for Mechanical Engineering, and I am basically just trying to gather ANY information at all in order to help me figure this out e.g. nightlife/which is better for working harder/help for students/which do employers prefer etc.
I've also applied to bath for mech eng and another choice to make tommorow which will most likely choose leeds as well. From what i have gathered online, it seems both are top for mech eng and would both be vauled highly by employers. I guess it boils down to your preference of where you would like to live,Leeds and bath are quite different.

Leeds is a big city with great nightlife and is quite cheap as it is futher north, whereas bath would be more expensive and is smaller than Leeds, so the nightlife won't be as great as Leeds but this doesn't mean it will be bad. Once you have been to both applicant open days, just choose which one 'feels' right.
Reply 2
Been to visit bath and applied a course there, but mine is for social policy. Overall, bath is an amazing and beautiful city. But it does not have vibrant night life. If you want to party and good night life leeds will be your better option.
Thank you both!
Reply 4
Original post by jjjppp272727
Thank you both!

You have until May to decide. There is no rush...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by jjjppp272727
I have recently received conditional offers from both the University of Bath and the University of Leeds for MEng Mechanical Engineering. Both offers require A*AA, and after researching I have realised that there are no notable differences in the courses that will help me decide on which of the two to firm.

Both seem to be extremely similar in ranking for Mechanical Engineering, and I am basically just trying to gather ANY information at all in order to help me figure this out e.g. nightlife/which is better for working harder/help for students/which do employers prefer etc.

Have you decided yet?
Reply 6
Original post by ehsan__789
I've also applied to bath for mech eng and another choice to make tommorow which will most likely choose leeds as well. From what i have gathered online, it seems both are top for mech eng and would both be vauled highly by employers. I guess it boils down to your preference of where you would like to live,Leeds and bath are quite different.

Leeds is a big city with great nightlife and is quite cheap as it is futher north, whereas bath would be more expensive and is smaller than Leeds, so the nightlife won't be as great as Leeds but this doesn't mean it will be bad. Once you have been to both applicant open days, just choose which one 'feels' right.

Have you firmed Leeds?
Original post by I'msoPi
Have you firmed Leeds?

Sorry for the late reply, I'm currently deciding on what to firm as well, just can't come to a decision lol. Did you end up choosing your firm?
Reply 8
Original post by ehsan__789
Sorry for the late reply, I'm currently deciding on what to firm as well, just can't come to a decision lol. Did you end up choosing your firm?

Ah no worries, i'm most likely going to put Leeds as my firm. I can't really afford Bath but i'll enjoy Leeds I hope haha :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending