Stupid Crushes while seeing someone Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Im Friends with a girl, she's not my usual "type" I like but I just "like" her. Because, she is friendly and pretty but I can't see myself going out with her or anything lovely fluffy. She is not my type. The big problem is I am seeing someone I can't see myself without, so I just can't get it.

IT'S SO CONFUSING!!! She's on my degree and I see her most days so I can't ignore her or she will know something is up with me. I am worried because I have a bad histery of crushes because I get too wrapped up in them Please help ME it's not healthy I post anoymnously because I think she posts here too
Stealth-Mode
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
hhhmmm do you think she may like you also? Nobody can control their feelings. So long as you know you aren't going to act on your feelings I don't see why anything has to change. People fall in and out of crushes all the time, friendships are much harder to forge.
ocpaul20
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
The big problem is I am seeing someone I can't see myself without, so I just can't get it.
Again this is a confidence issue. Why do you need this relationship? Why do you need any relationship?

We need relationships because it makes us feel good about ourselves, we feel loved. A good relationship gives us all the things we need to feel loved, complete, comfortable.

A crush is often a need for beauty, or like an itch that needs to be scratched. A crush is often the feeling that we need to POSSESS this thing, to eat it, to engulf it, to have it for ourselves. Am I wrong? Maybe, but a crush and a relationship are different.

The best partners are best friends as well as lovers.
Nadinus
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by ocpaul20)
Again this is a confidence issue. Why do you need this relationship? Why do you need any relationship?

We need relationships because it makes us feel good about ourselves, we feel loved. A good relationship gives us all the things we need to feel loved, complete, comfortable.

A crush is often a need for beauty, or like an itch that needs to be scratched. A crush is often the feeling that we need to POSSESS this thing, to eat it, to engulf it, to have it for ourselves. Am I wrong? Maybe, but a crush and a relationship are different.

The best partners are best friends as well as lovers.
I think you're looking in to it a bit much...maybe he just really likes the girl who he's with? What's wrong with wanting to be in a relationship with someone?

Anyway, op, maybe you just need to focus more on the positive aspects of the girl who you're with, instead of trying to find things in other girls? I don't agree with you can't control your emotions like some people are saying - you choose what you want from others, and you have obviously decided that there is something you like about her (even if not consciously) before feeling attracted towards her. So you need to decide whether the attraction is logical or not, or just because you're not appreciating the things in your girlfriend. I'm not saying you're purposely being horrible, just maybe a little...distracted?
FlyingIsis
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
The big problem is I am seeing someone I can't see myself without
So what's the issue? Just be her friend and chat to her in lectures...if you are seeing someone else, and want to carry on seeing that person, it's a bit of a no brainer imo
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
"So what's the issue? Just be her friend and chat to her in lectures...if you are seeing someone else, and want to carry on seeing that person, it's a bit of a no brainer imo"

I understand I still am worried tho. They know each other the girl I am seeing and the crsh and it makes it worse. sometimes they are both there and its so hard to get over these feelings
Green Eyes
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm in a similar situation.

But it's not an issue. My boyfriend is still fantastic, and the other guy doesn't compare.
Sometimes I think, what if...but it always comes back to the same thing.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (68)
23.45%
No (222)
76.55%

Watched Threads