By being healthy and doing this properly... Watch

arminvanpite
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
...how much weight could your average person be expected to lose by May taking into consideration a diet and the fact that they are able to be quite active (as in, going to the gym)?

I haven't put in any personal details as I wasn't sure if they'd be needed and I don't plan on posting this as anon meaning that I probably wouldn't be very confident in posting such things up, but please, let me know whatever you have to say...
Purple
Badges: 15
Report 11 years ago
Approximately a stone.
ellabella
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
thats 3 months if i calculated that right. which is 12 weeks. there are 3500 cals in a pound of fat, so creating a 500 cal deificit 7x per week = 1 lb fat loss. 1lb/week is probably realistic with a 500cal deficit each day, but if you create a 1000cal deficit each day you'd lose 2lb a week. also, you tend to lose a few extra lbs in the first week or so of a diet, as you lose extra water, and your metabolism is high. if you're going to be quite active, then i suppose you are planning to burn up to 500 cals per day, which would be your deficit, in which case you would need to have energy for the exercise, so don't decrease your diet too much. i suggest you make your total deficit no more than 7/800 cals per day. suppose you need 2200 cals from food with your normal daily activities to keep your weight the same, and you burn off 500 extra cals through exercise, and you eat 2000 cals in a day, you could expect to lose (800x7=5600.../3500=) 1.6lbs per week

to find out how many cals you can eat to maintain your weight search BMR, put your weight, height & age into a calculator then multiply it by a factor according to your activity level
Lara C.
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
alot is the answer. the only question is of determination/motivation.
burningnun
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
A stone is a pretty good answer IMO.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
5.95%
They might tell the bully (19)
10.27%
I don't think they'd understand (32)
17.3%
It might lead to more bullying (70)
37.84%
There's nothing they could do (53)
28.65%

Watched Threads