Talybont Rooms and bed sizes?!

Watch
lilaaay
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I have an unconditional for Cardiff Business School and am stuck between living in Taly Court or Taly South. Also do both residences have single beds because I much prefer a bigger bed and it doesn't say on the site any of the sizes, including Taly Court large ensuite rooms? Help!!
Puddles the Monkey
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help
KateLan
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If you enjoy a party atmosphere, and can afford the little bit extra, I would definitely go for Talybont Court. It's closer than Taly South to the Uni and city centre and is the residence most people are envious of.

To the best of my knowledge, all the beds in Cardiff Uni accommodation are either singles or small singles (which are 15cm narrower than a single). I was in University Halls for my first year on a small single with a springy mattress that was horrible to sleep on, so I invested in a padded mattress protector. The Talybont residences are a bit more modern than Uni Halls and I've heard the mattresses are nicer.

There are really useful videos on Youtube from students showing their accommodation. Here are two showing Talybont Court and North:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saGtSgMxV1M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkQHL_KH4kY

Hope this helps,
Kate.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (19)
7.54%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
15.08%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (45)
17.86%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (36)
14.29%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (67)
26.59%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
18.65%

Watched Threads