The Student Room Group

Grade Mistake on Application

Have a final interview prior to a VC with a good City firm coming up - was reviewing my screenshots of the app. and noticed I'd entered one result wrongly (rather generously awarding myself an A rather than a B). I've no idea how it happened, but it might be that I re-ordered the subjects and didn't change it properly.

The subject is a Scottish Higher (the main Scots qualification, somewhere between an AS- and an A-Level). I have an A in the Advanced Higher subject (between A-Level and first year of university). Very concerned about it, but is it likely to make a difference in the event of a job offer? I still meet the A-Level/UCAS Points overall requirements, comfortably, and have painstakingly ensured that every other result entered from my second year of high school to my last year of uni is correct. I diced with fessing up but think it's very conspicuous so late in the process. Causing me a sleepless night!
Reply 1
I would say there's only one sensible outcome here. You should get in touch with the firm's HR team and confess to your mistake. The firm is highly likely to pick up on the discrepancy at some point in the process when it asks to review the certificates for your various qualifications. Imagine how disappointed you would be if, having passed countless interview stages and assessment centres, and having realised that this firm is your ideal place to train, you are then prevented from taking up a training contract when the firm perceives that you have been dishonest with your results. Honesty is the best policy, especially in this profession. Who knows, owning up to the error at this point may even count in your favour!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending