The Student Room Group

How dull can life get?

As I sit here at 03:42 am, all my mind can focus on is the realisation that I must have the dullest, most mundane life there could possibly be. My night has consisted of sitting with my girlfriend in my rented room binging on Peep Show and munching on Prawn crackers, and watching as my maintenance loan magically dissapears in front of my very eyes. Honestly, my life doesn't get any more exciting than that.

I have a few friends at uni, and we are a good group but we only occassionally go out and don't really do much outside of daily schedules of lectures and seminars etc. They all naturally went home for Christmas, and being the only one with nowhere else to really go to, I stayed put, and my god...this has been the most boring month of my life. With no friends around, no uni, my gf away for most of it, and nothing else to do, I have spent 90% of the past month sitting in my room sleeping, watching tv, working out or reading . Thank god uni is back today to present me with SOMETHING to do...but in general, I just feel that there is nothing.

I see people all around me, who seem to have much richer lives than me, new experiences, better social lives, always up to stuff. What am I doing wrong? For me, one day just melts into the next, and even the time with my gf, as much as I love her, is mundane as hell. I am too poor to do anything, I don't have a good enough social circle and I have few to no interests. Where are all these house parties at? Where is the student life I heard so much about?

I probably sound like a complete loser...but I really wouldn't consider myself as such...I'm a fairly good looking guy, confident, very sociable. But something is just keeping me back from getting out and experiencing things and Idk what it is.
Every morning I wake up and ponder on the day of mundanity I have ahead of me...nothing ever to look forward to. Having so much time gives me too much capability to think, and I am constantly worrying about my future, my worth, my choices etc. I know I have depression, even though I have never seen anybody about it and am not diagnosed...but I am sure that my depression is a result of the dullness of my life, or maybe it's a cycle.

Idk...I salute anybody who just made it to the end of my drivel, and would greatly appreciate and advice on how I can really open up my life and mind. I don't want to feel like an empty spectator to the world anymore, watching as the days come and die like a processing line of crapness. I want to live like I used to as a kid...where every day bought some form of excitement and I would never feel down, the world was a big, fun, exciting playground.

Anyway, I should at least attempt to shut down my overheating mind aa I have a full day of uni ahead of me.
Original post by Anonymous
As I sit here at 03:42 am, all my mind can focus on is the realisation that I must have the dullest, most mundane life there could possibly be. My night has consisted of sitting with my girlfriend in my rented room binging on Peep Show and munching on Prawn crackers, and watching as my maintenance loan magically dissapears in front of my very eyes. Honestly, my life doesn't get any more exciting than that.

I have a few friends at uni, and we are a good group but we only occassionally go out and don't really do much outside of daily schedules of lectures and seminars etc. They all naturally went home for Christmas, and being the only one with nowhere else to really go to, I stayed put, and my god...this has been the most boring month of my life. With no friends around, no uni, my gf away for most of it, and nothing else to do, I have spent 90% of the past month sitting in my room sleeping, watching tv, working out or reading . Thank god uni is back today to present me with SOMETHING to do...but in general, I just feel that there is nothing.

I see people all around me, who seem to have much richer lives than me, new experiences, better social lives, always up to stuff. What am I doing wrong? For me, one day just melts into the next, and even the time with my gf, as much as I love her, is mundane as hell. I am too poor to do anything, I don't have a good enough social circle and I have few to no interests. Where are all these house parties at? Where is the student life I heard so much about?

I probably sound like a complete loser...but I really wouldn't consider myself as such...I'm a fairly good looking guy, confident, very sociable. But something is just keeping me back from getting out and experiencing things and Idk what it is.
Every morning I wake up and ponder on the day of mundanity I have ahead of me...nothing ever to look forward to. Having so much time gives me too much capability to think, and I am constantly worrying about my future, my worth, my choices etc. I know I have depression, even though I have never seen anybody about it and am not diagnosed...but I am sure that my depression is a result of the dullness of my life, or maybe it's a cycle.

Idk...I salute anybody who just made it to the end of my drivel, and would greatly appreciate and advice on how I can really open up my life and mind. I don't want to feel like an empty spectator to the world anymore, watching as the days come and die like a processing line of crapness. I want to live like I used to as a kid...where every day bought some form of excitement and I would never feel down, the world was a big, fun, exciting playground.

Anyway, I should at least attempt to shut down my overheating mind aa I have a full day of uni ahead of me.

You are NORMAL.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous

Go get a job and make friends there. That way you keep yourself busy and make new friends at work.

Quick Reply

Latest