The Student Room Group
Original post by ACS2018
WHAT IS THE EQUIVALENT OF GCSE IN ITALY?

DO I give the result of my pagella in <aths on third year of college (16years old) or that of the last year (18 years old)

Doesn't make any sense....

Universities will want your Diploma di Esame di Stato (formerly Diploma di Maturita) results (or predicted results) only.

If they need further information then they will ask for it directly.
Reply 2
They did ask directly. My Esame di Stato result and certificate is not enough.

They want my GCSE MATHS result.

Now, I got D on my last year of college because Maths wasnt part of the esame di stato so I just neglected it as it didnt mean a thing for the final vote.

During the other 4 years of college or High School I got C, C, B, and C

WWhat does this mean? what do I do?

Original post by PQ
Universities will want your Diploma di Esame di Stato (formerly Diploma di Maturita) results (or predicted results) only.

If they need further information then they will ask for it directly.
Original post by ACS2018
They did ask directly. My Esame di Stato result and certificate is not enough.

They want my GCSE MATHS result.

Now, I got D on my last year of college because Maths wasnt part of the esame di stato so I just neglected it as it didnt mean a thing for the final vote.

During the other 4 years of college or High School I got C, C, B, and C

WWhat does this mean? what do I do?

Universities don't normally ask for GCSEs from students not educated in the English system.

I would go back to them and ask them what they would consider the equivalent in the Italian system - someone with some common sense might then look at your application.
Reply 4
They have asked specifically for maths. I am doing PGCE, its mandatory to have grade C or above in maths.
Original post by PQ
Universities don't normally ask for GCSEs from students not educated in the English system.

I would go back to them and ask them what they would consider the equivalent in the Italian system - someone with some common sense might then look at your application.
Original post by ACS2018
They have asked specifically for maths. I am doing PGCE, its mandatory to have grade C or above in maths.

ok - then (as I said) you need to speak to them about what they will accept as an equivalent for GCSE maths - don't just guess and provide a grade from your high school. If they wont accept any alternatives then you'll need to look into taking a GCSE maths qualification or an approved equivalent.
Is Italian high school certificate equivalent to GCSE?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Priscilla44
Is Italian high school certificate equivalent to GCSE?

Ciao! I GCSE inglesi equivalgono al primo e secondo superiore in Italia . La licenza media non è considerata per entrare all'uni.
Manda le pagelle di primo e secondo.
Se hai avuto il debito in matematica non credo che verrai ammessa ma se hai dal 6 in su allora vai tranquilla! Bye :smile:
Reply 8
Quindi io che ho fatto la terza superiore con la qualifica...non so se equivale a GCSE?help
Original post by Eric92
Quindi io che ho fatto la terza superiore con la qualifica...non so se equivale a GCSE?help

Fino Al 3 superiore e' GCSE, oltre e' A level.
Ciao! Potrei sapere dove hai ricevuto questa info? Perché ho lo stesso problema ma hanno bisogno di una persona qualificata che glielo dica o che lo provi. Grazie

Latest

Trending

Trending