ACS2018
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
WHAT IS THE EQUIVALENT OF GCSE IN ITALY?

DO I give the result of my pagella in <aths on third year of college (16years old) or that of the last year (18 years old)

Doesn't make any sense....
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ACS2018)
WHAT IS THE EQUIVALENT OF GCSE IN ITALY?

DO I give the result of my pagella in <aths on third year of college (16years old) or that of the last year (18 years old)

Doesn't make any sense....
Universities will want your Diploma di Esame di Stato (formerly Diploma di Maturita) results (or predicted results) only.

If they need further information then they will ask for it directly.
ACS2018
Rep:
?
They did ask directly. My Esame di Stato result and certificate is not enough.

They want my GCSE MATHS result.

Now, I got D on my last year of college because Maths wasnt part of the esame di stato so I just neglected it as it didnt mean a thing for the final vote.

During the other 4 years of college or High School I got C, C, B, and C

WWhat does this mean? what do I do?

(Original post by PQ)
Universities will want your Diploma di Esame di Stato (formerly Diploma di Maturita) results (or predicted results) only.

If they need further information then they will ask for it directly.
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
They did ask directly. My Esame di Stato result and certificate is not enough.

They want my GCSE MATHS result.

Now, I got D on my last year of college because Maths wasnt part of the esame di stato so I just neglected it as it didnt mean a thing for the final vote.

During the other 4 years of college or High School I got C, C, B, and C

WWhat does this mean? what do I do?
Universities don't normally ask for GCSEs from students not educated in the English system.

I would go back to them and ask them what they would consider the equivalent in the Italian system - someone with some common sense might then look at your application.
ACS2018
Rep:
?
They have asked specifically for maths. I am doing PGCE, its mandatory to have grade C or above in maths.
(Original post by PQ)
Universities don't normally ask for GCSEs from students not educated in the English system.

I would go back to them and ask them what they would consider the equivalent in the Italian system - someone with some common sense might then look at your application.
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
They have asked specifically for maths. I am doing PGCE, its mandatory to have grade C or above in maths.
ok - then (as I said) you need to speak to them about what they will accept as an equivalent for GCSE maths - don't just guess and provide a grade from your high school. If they wont accept any alternatives then you'll need to look into taking a GCSE maths qualification or an approved equivalent.
Priscilla44
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Is Italian high school certificate equivalent to GCSE?
margherita.smith
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Priscilla44)
Is Italian high school certificate equivalent to GCSE?
Ciao! I GCSE inglesi equivalgono al primo e secondo superiore in Italia . La licenza media non è considerata per entrare all'uni.
Manda le pagelle di primo e secondo.
Se hai avuto il debito in matematica non credo che verrai ammessa ma se hai dal 6 in su allora vai tranquilla! Bye
Eric92
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Quindi io che ho fatto la terza superiore con la qualifica...non so se equivale a GCSE?help
margherita.smith
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Eric92)
Quindi io che ho fatto la terza superiore con la qualifica...non so se equivale a GCSE?help
Fino Al 3 superiore e' GCSE, oltre e' A level.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (228)
33.78%
No (447)
66.22%

Watched Threads