The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Media Communication and Cultural Studies BA at Newcastle University Applicants

Hi,
Just wondering if there's anyone else applying for this course for September 2018 and is thinking of firming, as I can't seem to find anyone else who has! Also if there's anyone who has previously done/is currently doing this degree or a similar one who can tell me how they've found it?
Original post by rosiemoon_
Hi,
Just wondering if there's anyone else applying for this course for September 2018 and is thinking of firming, as I can't seem to find anyone else who has! Also if there's anyone who has previously done/is currently doing this degree or a similar one who can tell me how they've found it?

Hey rosiemoon,

If you have a root around our blog, On Course to NCL, there may be one or two media subject related posts in there from our student blog team that could be of interest:

https://microsites.ncl.ac.uk/oncoursetoncl/index.php?s=media

And of course if you have any specific queries relating to the course itself I'd be happy to contact the school for you and find out 😊

Best wishes,

Susie
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Hi rosiemoon,

I have aplied and received an offer for Combined honours and my choice would be Media and communication with Documentary Practice. I am thinking of firming though I first want to visit the universiity once.

I am really excited for this course! And yes if there's anyone whose currently tudying this, it'd be great if you cn tell how it is? and what kind of practical exposure do we get?
(edited 6 years ago)
Ive got an offer for this choice too and think I'm going to make it my firm, wondering if theres an option to study a year aboard with this course does anyone know ? :smile:
Reply 4
Yeah there is - from what I understand, you can take an optional work placement year or study abroad as your 3rd year, then come back for a 4th to complete the last year of your degree.
Original post by atrimble957
Ive got an offer for this choice too and think I'm going to make it my firm, wondering if theres an option to study a year aboard with this course does anyone know ? :smile:

Hey atrimble957,

You sure can! And you can find more information here: http://www.ncl.ac.uk/undergraduate/careers/skills/#workplacements 😊

Best wishes,

Susie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending