ClockworkPaws
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So last year I applied via UCAS, selected Falmouth University's animation course and ended up having to defer for a year.
The reason for my deferral - I was diagnosed with cancer unfortunately, and this means Falmouth is no longer a suitable place (it's 9 hours away and I'll be needed at home every few weeks for regular hospital check-ups, most likely for the full 3-4 years).
It's too late to get my application in on time, but obviously I'll need to start a new one, cancel my place at Falmouth and then send it off. If all else fails, hopefully clearing will have some good animation courses

Do I need to set up an entire new UCAS account for this new late application, or could I start a new application on my current registered account? Thank you!
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ClockworkPaws)
So last year I applied via UCAS, selected Falmouth University's animation course and ended up having to defer for a year.
The reason for my deferral - I was diagnosed with cancer unfortunately, and this means Falmouth is no longer a suitable place (it's 9 hours away and I'll be needed at home every few weeks for regular hospital check-ups, most likely for the full 3-4 years).
It's too late to get my application in on time, but obviously I'll need to start a new one, cancel my place at Falmouth and then send it off. If all else fails, hopefully clearing will have some good animation courses

Do I need to set up an entire new UCAS account for this new late application, or could I start a new application on my current registered account? Thank you!
I'm afraid you need to start from scratch for every application cycle. Call UCAS first to cancel your deferred place.

UCAS keep saying they are going to change the apply system so you don't have to restart but that never seems to happen
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?