Ford to boost investment in electric cars Watch

Dylan Cusano
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
In this thread we will discuss current News stories affecting Computing and Technology.

In particular this thread was created to discuss the current headline in technology - "Ford to boost investment in electric cars by 2022"

"Ford says it will boost its investment in electric vehicles to £8 billion in the next five years, more than doubling a previous commitment", according to a report from BBC News.

Chairman Bill Ford issued a statement, explaining the company and car manufacturer, Ford, will have a range of 40 hybrid and fully electric vehicles in its range by 2022.

The statement was forced as vehicle manufactures have been put under pressure by countries around the world to attempt to reduce carbon emissions.

There seems to be a a lot of competition regarding electric cars as Toyota and Volkswagen have already initiated plans to offer and create more electric vehicles.

The big question at the moment given all of the above information, is how quickly can consumers adapt as electric vehicles are only 1% of the market at this moment in time.

Please share views and opinions below.
RoyalSheepy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I've moved this thread to the Cars and motoring forum, as it's better suited here
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (182)
61.9%
Yes- I don't like it (12)
4.08%
No- I want it (78)
26.53%
No- I don't want it (22)
7.48%

Watched Threads