Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
--
Reue
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Incomming "If he really liked you he wouldnt care" comments..

Which, while true in people's ideal worlds are not so true in this realistic world.

(Sorry for the negativity, Personally I wouldnt mind because I'm such a nice guy like that )
Thud
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
If he's a "really good guy" he shouldn't care.

It wouldn't bother me at all personally, it doesn't change you as a person and it's unlikely to be noticeable so why does it matter?
ticklepink
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i personally think that if yuor close to this guy and he is a good friend to you then tell him in confidence about this, you obviously generally look good because you have your extensions and nobody else even notices. it might make him feel special if you let him no that you dont generally tell people this but you really trust him and like him enough to be able to tell him something that is very personal for u.
Reue
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Thud)
If he's a "really good guy" he shouldn't care.
Lol, told ya. TSR is very predictable.
fourr
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I think I'd just kinda sit him down and tell him about your condition and I'd tell him how you feel about it, too. Hm, you said he's a good guy so hopefully he'll be understanding.

If someone told me something like this, obv. I'd be a bit surprised, but also respect them because I know how you feel; my hair is important to me so I can imagine how it's an issue for you.. If it's something you're going to choose to share just between himself and yourself I don't see why he'd have a problem with it.
SilverEagle
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
isn't this like homosexuality issues?

Just think how hard it is for someone who is gay to come out of the closet to peers etc...

In such situations it is simply an idea of 'gauging the probable response from said person and then either telling them or not'. Tell people who you believe will understand.

If you like the guy then you have some idea of how his attitudes will change (or not) where you to tell him something particularly out of the ordinary.
Thud
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Reue)
Lol, told ya. TSR is very predictable.
Because it's the truth. What kind of **** would care? Especially if you can't tell.
Reue
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Thud)
Because it's the truth. What kind of **** would care? Especially if you can't tell.
Have you met the 'kind of ****' there seem to be alot of around Britian these days?
wtid
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
As I guy I would be surprised and a little "does this bother me?" at first, but I honestly think after my initial shock I'd be fine with it.
Cexy
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
A friend of mine has alopecia. She wears a hat or a scarf most of the time, but she told her close friends very early on and (obviously) we were all cool with it. By the time she met her current boyfriend it was such a tiny, unimportant thing that she had no problems telling him right off (in fact, he probably already knew).

Conclusion: don't hide it, your life will be much easier if you just tell people. Your friends really won't be bothered.
Boolean Julian
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
It really doesn't strike me as a major thing. I think most people (him especially) will be much less bothered by it than you are yourself.
Thud
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Reue)
Have you met the 'kind of ****' there seem to be alot of around Britian these days?
Ah true.
Q_M
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by wtid)
As I guy I would be surprised and a little "does this bother me?" at first, but I honestly think after my initial shock I'd be fine with it.
Same.

He will be taken aback probably at first, but he'l be fine with it.
Smashlite
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
He's going to be shocked, there's no way he couldn't be, so don't take any offence over his initial reaction. But he should soon enough realise it really doesn't affect much about you, and even less about him. He should get over pretty quickly.
In my experience most people have got something they are hiding. So don’t worry about it.
joeydeacon
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
It wouldn't bother me personally, but not all blokes are the same unfortunately.
qubog
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Its a bigger issue in your head than it will be for other people. If this guy actually cares for you, he will be looking to reassure you that he still finds you attractive. If he doesn't, then is he the kind of person you would want to waste your time on? Once I had a friend tell me that her entire head of hair was a wig. I was initially shocked but only because it came out of the blue and I felt bad for her, and really I was more curious about why it happened and amazed at how natural it looked. It did change who she was as a person to me; it made me credit her with a strength and maturity that I hadn't seen in her before because she dealt with the situation so well. So all I can say really is to expect a bit of reaction which will die down after a couple of weeks. After that depends on the person.
mhsc
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I would not be bothered, so long as you kept your hair as it looked now.

If you suddenly took the hair extensions/fake stuff out or whatever I might be a bit shocked/upset because its not the "you" that I'm used to/found so attractive. On the other hand if I was in love with you I wouldn't give a hoot :p:
thebadboy2k1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
He would be bothered. There's no guarantee he'll get over it, like it might niggle at the back of his mind. But if you look normal and he never noticed before then he'll jst deal with it i bet.
pandora7
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
no, he wouldn't care. i don't even know you but i don't care if you have hair or not. it's just not something of a 'make or break' thing for some people like me. if i just met somebody for 5 minutes and she told me she didn't have hair, it's not going to stop me from being friends with her (unless she's got **** personality). and i really don't think it would matter to him, tbh. i really can't think of a person that would be bothered. but of course, we know that's not really true.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (57)
23.95%
No (181)
76.05%

Watched Threads