The Student Room Group

Met Office Summer Internship 2018

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KLM97
The observations and quality management role. What about yourself?

Aww was that the Edinburgh one? I applied for the Observations: planning and performance one? Which Uni are you at?
Reply 21
Original post by Caramell
Aww was that the Edinburgh one? I applied for the Observations: planning and performance one? Which Uni are you at?

Yeah that’s the one. Is that one in Exeter? I’m at Glasgow uni, you?
Original post by KLM97
Yeah that’s the one. Is that one in Exeter? I’m at Glasgow uni, you?

Yeah it’s in Exeter. I’m at St. Andrews studying physics. What do you study/what year are you in?
Reply 23
Hi, I've been offered the Edinburgh placement, just wondering if there is anyone else up there too?
Reply 24
Original post by Geniev
Hi, I've been offered the Edinburgh placement, just wondering if there is anyone else up there too?

Hey, congratulations I'm looking to apply to the Edinburgh placement next year, so I'm just wondering what you are studying and what year of University you are in as I was under the impression it was mainly for final year students. Also what was the application process like? :smile:
Reply 25
Original post by Cammy8
Hey, congratulations I'm looking to apply to the Edinburgh placement next year, so I'm just wondering what you are studying and what year of University you are in as I was under the impression it was mainly for final year students. Also what was the application process like? :smile:

I'm a first year oceanography and marine biology student, in the interview I spoke a fair bit about specific quality management tasks or things that I have done... any other questions feel free to ask :-)
Hi,

I've just been offered a place on the Government Core services admin team, anyone else heard back?

If so should we maybe start a Facebook group or something?

:smile:
Reply 27
Original post by lucystretch
Hi,

I've just been offered a place on the Government Core services admin team, anyone else heard back?

If so should we maybe start a Facebook group or something?

:smile:

Congrats on your offer! I've been offered a place on the Planning/ Resources team.

A Facebook group sounds good :smile:
Original post by padlock
Congrats on your offer! I've been offered a place on the Planning/ Resources team.

A Facebook group sounds good :smile:

Perfect add me on Facebook? Or I will add you? My name is just Lucy Stretch, profile pic is me in a wooly hat :smile:
Reply 29
Ooh I'm on the observations team, could someone add me too? 😊 thanks ☺️
Is there a group already? I’ve been offered a position in post processing and verification! ☺️
Reply 31
Original post by Geniev
Ooh I'm on the observations team, could someone add me too? 😊 thanks ☺️

Yeh sure what's your Facebook?
Reply 32
Original post by ellesmith88
Is there a group already? I’ve been offered a position in post processing and verification! ☺️

Congrats on your offer! What's your Facebook?
Original post by padlock
Congrats on your offer! What's your Facebook?

Elle Smith, profile pic is with the Eiffel Tower. Let me know if you can’t find me, quite a common name!
Reply 34
Original post by padlock
Yeh sure what's your Facebook?

Thanks!! My names Genie Vickery and I think I'm wearing a blue top in my profile picture 😊
Reply 35
Hi! For future reference, you can just search "2018 Met Office Summer Placement offer holders" on Facebook and you should be able to locate the group :smile:
Hi guys, I'm also doing a placement at the Met Office this summer and was wondering what others were doing about accommodation in Exeter.
Do you know anyone who took a basic math and physics test in Met Office? What type of questions are there?
Original post by Popsbr123
I've just logged into my account and I have been invited for a telephone interview. Is anybody else's showing this? :smile:

Sorry to bring an old thread up but I’ve got a interview for the summer placement and I just wondered how the interview went/ what type of questions they asked you
Original post by KLM97
Hey,
I applied beginning of December and received an invite for telephone interview about two weeks ago and had the interview on Monday. Hope that’s some help and best of luck!

Hello I’ve been offered a interview for 2021 and was wondering what was the interview like/ what type of questions did they ask (sorry to bring up an old thread)

Quick Reply