The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Sunnyt
a bit harsh???? eh love?

And us for the last part i once asked someone who is a muslim.What would you do if your son was to marry a christian.First he said i would kill him,then when he saw i was shocked he replied,nahh i would just tell him to forget i'm his father...
im gay...im no christian and know plenty of gay christian people who are perfectly happy....they tend to respect jesus views of love thy neighbour regardless, and accept that it isnt a choice (i mean if it us then why dont all the homophobes just choose to become gay suddenly to see how 'bad' it is! and why do soo many gay people kill themselves out of fear, rejection etc...)

I think soo many ignorant people if they gonna spout bible/religious stuff then they better be consistant and live up to all the crazy stuff in like no wear clothes of 2 materials, no work on sabbath etc etc...otherwise they hypocrites. At end of day i dont care what ignorant homophobes and bigots think as they dont even follow the good ethics and loving side of their religion!

live and let live and thats it!

Soo going back topic - cant wait till uni going Birmingham Uni after summer - and omg its russian so got spend a year there! cant wait!! (ooo russian guys...) yays all round!!!
x
Reply 82
There's a few gays in the college I go (most of them study Art and wear suits). Nobody really cares, obviously people talk about them but not to their faces (that a good or bad thing?).
Reply 83
I'm gay, and I'm off to Sussex in October. Already out, but - Brighton - huzzah.

Not particularly fussed really.
And I don't do art OR wear a suit.
And it definitely isn't a choice - I've tried being straight, but it just isn't me. Denial is potentially psychologically damaging as well...

Don't know whether can I be arsed to join a LGB society though, it just seems a bit forced and requires the kind of permanent cheerfulness that I can't sustain.
Reply 84
it just seems a bit forced and requires the kind of permanent cheerfulness that I can't sustain.

Hahahahaha. Exactly.
Reply 85
"Man shall not lie with Man" (Leviticus)
Sodomy is deplorable, and the perpretrators of this morally evil act will be roasted in the flames of hell. You should be ashamed of yourself, and I expect your parents are as well. Stop it now before you go blind. :cool:
Reply 86
watkinc
Sodomy is deplorable, and the perpretrators of this morally evil act will be roasted in the flames of hell. You should be ashamed of yourself, and I expect your parents are as well. Stop it now before you go blind. :cool:

Um...darn - there goes my eternal salvation. :p:

And, apparently, my eyesight.
Reply 87
I am going to uni this september!!! But dont know whether I'll go to uk.. depends on Imperial now! >.<
Reply 88
watkinc

Go to hell you prat! :mad:
watkinc

sad sad person...i presume you are a christian - wait...didnt jesus say judge not lest you be judged? and love your neighbours unconditionally? oooo wait *silly* me you are a christian who follows bizarre teachings of the torah (old testament) and ignores that Jesus guy in the new testament (i know - love your neighbour - thats awful!! note the sarcasm you sad excuse for a person)...

I guess if you preach leviticus you also are consistant and not hypocritical and follow all the following that it says: do not wear any clothes of 2 materials, do not work on the sabbath, do not eat or touchthe skin of a pig, do not plant 2 different seeds in the same field (and by eating food that has been been produced this way is 'abiding' hehe)....etc...the craziness goes on and well i guess you follow all of these? o wait of course you dont cos your an ignorant person who isnt fit to take upon the good teachings of jesus but rather spout hatred due to your own inadequacies. Live and let live. Being gay isnt a choice 'your god' made us this way and we're proud and happy! if being gay is a choice then i say become gay suddenly and experience it for yourself...
Reply 90
Wise One
Um...darn - there goes my eternal salvation. :p:

And, apparently, my eyesight.

I have a spare pair of glasses you can borrow :cool:
Anyone know what Nottingham is like for gay'ness'?

My mate's at Portsmouth, and says its ok, if a bit small, but don't know anyone considering Nottm....?
pandemonium
sad sad person...i presume you are a christian - wait...didnt jesus say judge not lest you be judged? and love your neighbours unconditionally? oooo wait *silly* me you are a christian who follows bizarre teachings of the torah (old testament) and ignores that Jesus guy in the new testament (i know - love your neighbour - thats awful!! note the sarcasm you sad excuse for a person)...

I guess if you preach leviticus you also are consistant and not hypocritical and follow all the following that it says: do not wear any clothes of 2 materials, do not work on the sabbath, do not eat or touchthe skin of a pig, do not plant 2 different seeds in the same field (and by eating food that has been been produced this way is 'abiding' hehe)....etc...the craziness goes on and well i guess you follow all of these? o wait of course you dont cos your an ignorant person who isnt fit to take upon the good teachings of jesus but rather spout hatred due to your own inadequacies. Live and let live. Being gay isnt a choice 'your god' made us this way and we're proud and happy! if being gay is a choice then i say become gay suddenly and experience it for yourself...

Um...I think he was being sarcastic!
Reply 94
Wise One

And it definitely isn't a choice - I've tried being straight, but it just isn't me. Denial is potentially psychologically damaging as well...

repression/denial might well even be physically damaging too - have seen summaries of some interesting studies showing the stress/immunosupressive effects & high incidence of certain disease related to concealing your sexuality.
Reply 95
pandemonium

I guess if you preach leviticus you also are consistant and not hypocritical and follow all the following that it says: do not wear any clothes of 2 materials, do not work on the sabbath, do not eat or touchthe skin of a pig, do not plant 2 different seeds in the same field (and by eating food that has been been produced this way is 'abiding' hehe)....etc...the craziness goes on and well i guess you follow all of these? o wait of course you dont cos your an ignorant person who isnt fit to take upon the good teachings of jesus but rather spout hatred due to your own inadequacies. Live and let live. Being isnt a choice 'your god' made us this way and we're proud and happy! if being is a choice then i say become suddenly and experience it for yourself...

WHAT A AWESOME REPLY! I JUST LOVE IT! You should become a high-class journalist or a writter!!!
Weirdo
. And I really do hope to meet some at uni coz they're generally quite caring and friendly. They're guys that girls can relate to, and feel completely safe around..

*Tara*

I dont agree..many gay blokes are nasty as hell...
Reply 97
Why can't people just be people rather than hung up on sexuality? :frown:
cos thats a bit boring, people like a bit of contoversy..
yawn
Why can't people just be people rather than hung up on sexuality? :frown:

Bigotry. I've experienced enough people cherry picking from the Bible and quoting Levicitus. Then again, I wonder how many people who advocate Levicitus on homosexuality and other books in the Old Testament who also advocate Samson (Judges 16:17) and Absalom (2 Samuel 14:25-26). Absalom's was apparently just out of personal vanity, while Samson was a Nazirite (see Nazirites). But I guess they would reply with Corinthians. :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending