The Student Room Group

Missed UCAS Deadline

I am an international applicant and I have missed the deadline thanks to my teacher, who has only now submitted my application. What should I do? Can telling the universities that I missed it by 45 minutes because of my teacher work at all?
E-mail them and explain it in detail why it has happened they it has and some of the Unis may be lenient with your application. DO IT NOW!ASAP!
Original post by JDieMstr
E-mail them and explain it in detail why it has happened they it has and some of the Unis may be lenient with your application. DO IT NOW!ASAP!

Don’t do this
Original post by Dyingfrog
I am an international applicant and I have missed the deadline thanks to my teacher, who has only now submitted my application. What should I do? Can telling the universities that I missed it by 45 minutes because of my teacher work at all?

Wait until you receive your ucas Track login details. THEN call ucas to ask whether your applicant was flagged as “on time”.

If it was - relax, ucas has helped you out.

If it wasn’t “on time” then RING your universities to explain the situation and ask whether you will be disadvantaged. If they say that it’s an automatic rejection then find another course that’s still open and substitute that choice for somewhere else.
Original post by Rohit_Rocks10
Totally agree, the teacher is not to be blamed. He/she must have informed them at the last moment.
Same, haha!

trust me, if ur serious about uni, you put the effort in to make sure ur personal statement and application is completed, it's not the teachers fault, they have other things to worry about too.

Spoiler

Original post by soIiIoquy
trust me, if ur serious about uni, you put the effort in to make sure ur personal statement and application is completed, it's not the teachers fault, they have other things to worry about too.

Spoiler

Original post by Rohit_Rocks10
Totally!

Spoiler

Maybe the pair of you could show a little emotional awareness and compassion and go and be smug about how organised you were on another thread. There’s no need to be so insensitive - it just makes you look cruel.
Original post by PQ
Maybe the pair of you could show a little emotional awareness and compassion and go and be smug about how organised you were on another thread. There’s no need to be so insensitive - it just makes you look cruel.

na I just think it's the reality. If they were serious about uni, they wouldn't leave their application so late and then complain on tsr.

People can think what they like and say what they like. It's a forum.
na I just think it's the reality. If they were serious about uni, they wouldn't leave their application so late and then complain on tsr.

It’s a forum with rules. One of which is “be friendly”.

Let’s hope you never need advice and get someone acting like a smug prick instead.
Original post by PQ

Let’s hope you never need advice and get someone acting like a smug prick instead.

I'm not breaking a major rule, nor am I cursing or making rude comments, I'm just stating the reality. Gosh...

Okay, inshAllah.
I'm not breaking a major rule, nor am I cursing or making rude comments, I'm just stating the reality. Gosh...

Okay, inshAllah.

It’s rule 1

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=2707-community-guidelines
My payment method got declined so I can't submit until tomorrow, I've read on a few websites some schools aren't super strict with international applicants missing the deadline then they are with the locals...
Reply 11
Original post by fghrty77
My payment method got declined so I can't submit until tomorrow, I've read on a few websites some schools aren't super strict with international applicants missing the deadline then they are with the locals...

Imperial is not one of them, I believe.
Reply 12

Spoiler

You are right and I really am ashamed of myself. But I am not here to complain. I made a huge mistake and now I am trying to find out if there is any way I can rectify it
Reply 13
Update: I submitted the application by about an hour late but a few hours ago, I received an email from UCAS saying that my app has been sent to the unis. I am not sure what that means, whether it was marked as late or not but thanks for your ideas and support everyone!
Original post by PQ

And I think another rule is to not insult people. Calling the poster a prick is hardly friendly
Reply 15

At the time of you posting, you had no idea that it was the reality. As per the OP, it was claimed that it was the teacher's fault. You do not know that the OP was disorganised or left their application late. For example, back when I was applying a few years ago my head of sixth didn't submit any of our applications till the last day. In fact he didn't send mine till the last minute, even though I was one of the first to send it to him in October. What if something happened that day that prevented him from sending it.
Nor do you know that leaving it late was a matter they could avoid as you do not know the OP's personal circumstances and that may be they did indeed only become serious about university recently. That doesn't mean they shouldn't try and get the best outcome they can.
(edited 6 years ago)
While you can send it after the deadline, Unis don't have to give your application the same consideration as everyone who submitted before you (on time) so just keep that in mind.
Original post by squeakysquirrel
And I think another rule is to not insult people. Calling the poster a prick is hardly friendly

They weren't exactly calling the user a pr*ck; they just stated they were acting *like* a "smug pr*ck".

Quick Reply

Latest