The Student Room Group

Halls of Residence Accomodation Deposit

So I know this is a long way off before I even should think about this, but I'm an anxious person.

I know that upon applying for accomodation you must pay a deposit.

But what I don't know is what happens if you don't get into that university. Do you apply for accomodation and then give them a deposit after results day?

Or is it a case of paying for it while applying for accomodation and getting it back if you don't get into that university?

I'm just a tad worried I'll face this scenario as I'm applying to a university with higher grades I'm currently achieving.

(Also I apologize if I put this in the wrong forum)
Original post by IntrovertPizza
So I know this is a long way off before I even should think about this, but I'm an anxious person.

I know that upon applying for accomodation you must pay a deposit.

But what I don't know is what happens if you don't get into that university. Do you apply for accomodation and then give them a deposit after results day?

Or is it a case of paying for it while applying for accomodation and getting it back if you don't get into that university?

I'm just a tad worried I'll face this scenario as I'm applying to a university with higher grades I'm currently achieving.

(Also I apologize if I put this in the wrong forum)

In most cases you pay the deposit before results day then they ll refund it but check before you sign any contracts.
Original post by claireestelle
In most cases you pay the deposit before results day then they ll refund it but check before you sign any contracts.

Thank you for your help, I'm a little less stressed now :')

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending