Are sticking posters or sticky notes around my house actually useful? Watch

Sanket.z.meerkat
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Many of my teachers have said posters and sticky notes speckled across their homes has benefitted them. Is this method of revision actually effective?
HateOCR
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You never know unless you try it. I do hang up some notes but they are only for reference purposes e.g a periodic table
elvin.e
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
yes even if you may not read it your subconscious automatically remember it and this will result to your memory strengthening.
SophieEliz37
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
YES YES YES
I stuck the order of the classification system on my mirror and i can still remember it (which is good as i study biology now) but i can still visualise how i wrote it on the note.
i also found cue cards helpful. for history, i would buy packs of cue cards from tesco for £1.50 and write a question on the front like "what year was the wall street crash" and on the opposite side i would put the asnwr ie. "1929". I then had a bank of cards for each topic *colour coded* and i kept one set in my blazer pocket and it would be my challenge for that week to learn all of them. And whenever i was bored say stood in the lunch que or waiting for a friend outside class i would just whack the old que cards out, and they honestly got me my A* in history. you have to try that technique, its fun too if you play it as a revision game with friends and give points!
elvin.e
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by SophieEliz37)
YES YES YES
I stuck the order of the classification system on my mirror and i can still remember it (which is good as i study biology now) but i can still visualise how i wrote it on the note.
i also found cue cards helpful. for history, i would buy packs of cue cards from tesco for £1.50 and write a question on the front like "what year was the wall street crash" and on the opposite side i would put the asnwr ie. "1929". I then had a bank of cards for each topic *colour coded* and i kept one set in my blazer pocket and it would be my challenge for that week to learn all of them. And whenever i was bored say stood in the lunch que or waiting for a friend outside class i would just whack the old que cards out, and they honestly got me my A* in history. you have to try that technique, its fun too if you play it as a revision game with friends and give points!
Yes I’m loving this! I will try. And are you doing your a levels now ? If so how many gcses do you have and what are they ?
ThePricklyOne
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No. Not if you're like me and good at ignoring them.
SophieEliz37
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by elvin.e)
Yes I’m loving this! I will try. And are you doing your a levels now ? If so how many gcses do you have and what are they ?
I am doing biology and psychology a levels and health and social care level 3 btec.

I got 10a*-c GCSE's in maths, english lit, english lang, core sci, additional sci, history, german, drama, art, ethics and philosophy.

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University for the Creative Arts
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    Sun, 20 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (56)
66.67%
No I haven't decided yet (18)
21.43%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.9%

Watched Threads