Extended Project Help - Human Population Growth. Watch

BennClark
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, I've recently started the 'Discussion' section of my Extended Project.
I'm arguing the fact that Human population growth isn't exponential, and could even begin to decrease soon.
The issue is that the evidence I have found along with my own opinion is making it really hard for me to write a balanced argument on the topic, as I really do not think it could ever be exponential.

If anyone has any good arguments for why population growth will not cease to grow, or even any counters to declining fertility rates, aging populations or 'One Child Policies' that'd be greatly appreciated.

-Benn
TSR Jessica
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.
CuriousCat567
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The population will never cease to grow as that introduces the very current issue of an ageing population, forcing a lot of pressure on the working class. As a result, some countries have even adopted pro-natalist policies like France and Sweden to encourage couples to have children. Have you talked about factors that could affect the population in its entirety? For instance, climate change is slowly beginning to be an existential crisis so soon we might not even have a population at all. Hope I helped!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Humanities; Department of Drama, Theatre and Performance; Department of Social Sciences; Department of English and Creative Writing Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • Keele University
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (113)
58.85%
No (79)
41.15%

Watched Threads