?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Effect of bile on the digestion of fat by lipase
Sophiexlouise
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Lipase is an enzyme which SPEEDS UP the break down fat by LOWERING THE ACTIVATION ENERGY of the reaction. (Always remember it speeds up) this creates the products fatty acid+glycerol. This will lower the PH of something because fatty ACID is released which takes it to around PH 2. Bile doesn’t really do anything to the effect of lipase on digesting fats..
Bile emulsified fats (breaks it down into smaller blobs of fat) making it easier for the enzyme to work on.
Hope this helps!!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
?Hannah?
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Sophiexlouise)
Lipase is an enzyme which SPEEDS UP the break down fat by LOWERING THE ACTIVATION ENERGY of the reaction. (Always remember it speeds up) this creates the products fatty acid+glycerol. This will lower the PH of something because fatty ACID is released which takes it to around PH 2. Bile doesn’t really do anything to the effect of lipase on digesting fats..
Bile emulsified fats (breaks it down into smaller blobs of fat) making it easier for the enzyme to work on.
Hope this helps!!
also add here how the smaller blobs of fat increase the surface area and this is the reason why it’s easier for the enzymes to work on
Sophiexlouise
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ?Hannah?)
also add here how the smaller blobs of fat increase the surface area and this is the reason why it’s easier for the enzymes to work on
Oh yeah! forgot to explain that part, thank you !
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Innovation Management Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (35)
11.15%
I used to but I don't now (11)
3.5%
No, but I want to start (113)
35.99%
No, I am unable to (69)
21.97%
No, I chose not to (86)
27.39%