A package which was ordered to me went missing. Who is to blame?!

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
A package was delivered to us from France, but it arrived when no one was at home so the courier gave it to a neigbour, and for some reason that neighbour was clever enough to put it behind our bin and its defintiley not there any more; we only just realised this, a week later after this happened.The package was worth over £100 so I'd like to get some of that back at least. Is the courier service to blame or the neighbour, if its the neoighbour what should i do about it.
LouiseG90
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Did you nominate your neighbour as a recipient in an event when you weren’t home? If you have, the goods are deemed to have been delivered to you.

But judging by your question, you didn’t and they delivered to the neighbour for their own ease. If that’s the case, contact the seller. The seller has the contract with the deliverer, not you. You have rights under the Consumer Rights Act which state that the SELLER is responsible for the goods until they are delivered to YOU. If you didn’t nominate your neighbour, then the goods are not deemed to be delivered and it is their responsibility to locate the items or refund the purchase cost.
doodle_333
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The neighbour is to blame since they left it outside. The courier left it somewhere secure so they did nothing wrong. You could explain to your neighbour and ask that they compensate you but you could end up with bad relationship with them and still not get it back. You should also file a report for postal theft in case this is happening repeatedly in your area.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I’m worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (12)
40%
I’m worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (4)
13.33%
I’m worried it will impact my future career (2)
6.67%
I’m worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (6)
20%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (3)
10%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (3)
10%

Watched Threads