Accommodation for Year 2, Kent University, Help!

Watch
Merlin98
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi everyone, im not really sure if this is the right place for this, so here goes nothing.

Ive just been told by the group of people i was going to be living with next year that i might have to start looking for properties by myself. This is not yet confirmed, as we are still trying to find five-bedroom housing, but ive been warned if someone is to drop it will be me.

Im upset with this decision, but not at the prospective housemates themselves, moreso at the situation. I'd did have a second group i could have joined up with but the first group left it so late to tell me that the backup has since gained a fifth.

Im facing the prospect of striking out by myself. Its not so much that i'm scared to do so, more that i don't really know what to do at this point. Everyone i currently know has already set themselves up with both a group an accommodation, so i can't jump on board any others. I also cant afford to be by myself, i'm not that rich.

I don't know what to do next. Has anyone been in a similar situation? How do i find new housemates? I really don't want to become a hermit who lives by himself (at least not yet).

What should I do next?
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Merlin98)
Hi everyone, im not really sure if this is the right place for this, so here goes nothing.

Ive just been told by the group of people i was going to be living with next year that i might have to start looking for properties by myself. This is not yet confirmed, as we are still trying to find five-bedroom housing, but ive been warned if someone is to drop it will be me.

Im upset with this decision, but not at the prospective housemates themselves, moreso at the situation. I'd did have a second group i could have joined up with but the first group left it so late to tell me that the backup has since gained a fifth.

Im facing the prospect of striking out by myself. Its not so much that i'm scared to do so, more that i don't really know what to do at this point. Everyone i currently know has already set themselves up with both a group an accommodation, so i can't jump on board any others. I also cant afford to be by myself, i'm not that rich.

I don't know what to do next. Has anyone been in a similar situation? How do i find new housemates? I really don't want to become a hermit who lives by himself (at least not yet).

What should I do next?
Really sorry to hear that, your current group don't sound like nice people. The uni I went to had an online forum for those looking for housemates and those looking for a room to post in, they did speed dating style events to match up housemates and people often posted on the union facebook page looking for someone to fill a room.
Merlin98
Rep:
?
(Original post by jelly1000)
Really sorry to hear that, your current group don't sound like nice people. The uni I went to had an online forum for those looking for housemates and those looking for a room to post in, they did speed dating style events to match up housemates and people often posted on the union facebook page looking for someone to fill a room.
i'll have a look and see if kent has something similar, thanks for taking the time to reply
username853993
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Merlin98)

What should I do next?

You could look on spareroom.co.uk for your area, there will be either people advertising a room in a house share or other people looking to pair up to get a house on there.
Merlin98
Rep:
?
(Original post by madmadmax321)
You could look on spareroom.co.uk for your area, there will be either people advertising a room in a house share or other people looking to pair up to get a house on there.
that might work, thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (53)
17.67%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (83)
27.67%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (115)
38.33%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (39)
13%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (10)
3.33%

Watched Threads