The Student Room Group

Accommodation for Year 2, Kent University, Help!

Hi everyone, im not really sure if this is the right place for this, so here goes nothing.

Ive just been told by the group of people i was going to be living with next year that i might have to start looking for properties by myself. This is not yet confirmed, as we are still trying to find five-bedroom housing, but ive been warned if someone is to drop it will be me.

Im upset with this decision, but not at the prospective housemates themselves, moreso at the situation. I'd did have a second group i could have joined up with but the first group left it so late to tell me that the backup has since gained a fifth.

Im facing the prospect of striking out by myself. Its not so much that i'm scared to do so, more that i don't really know what to do at this point. Everyone i currently know has already set themselves up with both a group an accommodation, so i can't jump on board any others. I also cant afford to be by myself, i'm not that rich.

I don't know what to do next. Has anyone been in a similar situation? How do i find new housemates? I really don't want to become a hermit who lives by himself (at least not yet).

What should I do next?
Original post by Merlin98
Hi everyone, im not really sure if this is the right place for this, so here goes nothing.

Ive just been told by the group of people i was going to be living with next year that i might have to start looking for properties by myself. This is not yet confirmed, as we are still trying to find five-bedroom housing, but ive been warned if someone is to drop it will be me.

Im upset with this decision, but not at the prospective housemates themselves, moreso at the situation. I'd did have a second group i could have joined up with but the first group left it so late to tell me that the backup has since gained a fifth.

Im facing the prospect of striking out by myself. Its not so much that i'm scared to do so, more that i don't really know what to do at this point. Everyone i currently know has already set themselves up with both a group an accommodation, so i can't jump on board any others. I also cant afford to be by myself, i'm not that rich.

I don't know what to do next. Has anyone been in a similar situation? How do i find new housemates? I really don't want to become a hermit who lives by himself (at least not yet).

What should I do next?

Really sorry to hear that, your current group don't sound like nice people. The uni I went to had an online forum for those looking for housemates and those looking for a room to post in, they did speed dating style events to match up housemates and people often posted on the union facebook page looking for someone to fill a room.
Reply 2
Original post by jelly1000
Really sorry to hear that, your current group don't sound like nice people. The uni I went to had an online forum for those looking for housemates and those looking for a room to post in, they did speed dating style events to match up housemates and people often posted on the union facebook page looking for someone to fill a room.

i'll have a look and see if kent has something similar, thanks for taking the time to reply
Original post by Merlin98

What should I do next?

You could look on spareroom.co.uk for your area, there will be either people advertising a room in a house share or other people looking to pair up to get a house on there.
Reply 4
Original post by madmadmax321
You could look on spareroom.co.uk for your area, there will be either people advertising a room in a house share or other people looking to pair up to get a house on there.

that might work, thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending