When are offers made to EU Applicants ?

Watch
Grixou
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey
I’m French and I’ve applied for Politics at the University of Edinburgh. I’ve heard they are relatively slow making offers but I wondered if EU applicants got offers sooner than UK ones ??
Have a great day ~
Martin
Puddles the Monkey
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help
Grixou
Rep:
?
It's me again ! Still not heard from Edinburgh (nor the other 4)...
Has anyone from the EU received an offer ?
cyoung00
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hiya! I'm an EU applicant as well and I haven't heard anything, they're supposed to be notoriously slow as they don't have interviews especially with the more popular courses and I'd say politics is really popular so don't worry! Good luck
Stephanie4115
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi! I am an EU applicant too and I haven't heard anything yet either. I have applied to Edinburgh, Dundee and Aberdeen for International Relations
alexwu
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi! Also an EU applicant (also from France yay), and i've heard back from all four of my other choices! (rejection from Cambridge, and offers from Imperial, UCL, and King's in Computer Science) Apparently Edinburgh takes a while to get to the EU applications... hopefully we'll hear back soon! in the meantime, knock on wood
jnaeveke0011
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
hi, i'm a european applicant too! haven't heard back either :/ no one else has heard back yet right (in terms of european applicants)?
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You guys probably know this already but EU places at Scottish universities are capped due to SAAS funding so that makes them even more competitive, and less likely to be confirmed quickly.

Edinburgh do say they aim to make most decisions by the end of March.
https://www.ed.ac.uk/studying/underg...ur-application

Good luck!
al00ha
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi, I’m also an EU student still waiting for the reply form Edinburgh, good to know I’m not the only one still waiting, however I got all other universities respond.
alicekronqvist
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Also an EU student & I haven’t gotten any responses yet! Applied to Edinburgh, Glasgow, St. Andrews, Edinburgh Napier, & Heriot Watt. So do you guys think we’ll hear back towards the end of March? That feels like it’s so far away 😨
Grixou
Rep:
?
May I make this thread a bit more visible !

Just wanted to know if you European guys already received an offer for the University of Edinburgh 😁 ?
hysterria
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi! I applied for neuroscience and haven't heard back yet. I do have offers from Aberdeen and Glasgow
LuciaKoval
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi, I applied for Economics and I heard back from Stirling (offer) and Heriot-Watt (rejection) last week. Still waiting for a response from Edinbourgh,, Aberdeen and St Andrews.
mothstardust
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
EU student (living in the US currently) here - I got my offer of acceptance to Edinburgh about a week ago! But only to one of the programs. Still waiting on the other one.
lizzybrouwer
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I applied for BSc Geography back in November - got offers from Glasgow and Aberdeen, still waiting to hear back from Edinburgh and St. Andrews. The wait is driving me mad!! (am an EU student)

Congrats to anyone who has received an offer already!
hysterria
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by lizzybrouwer)
I applied for BSc Geography back in November - got offers from Glasgow and Aberdeen, still waiting to hear back from Edinburgh and St. Andrews. The wait is driving me mad!! (am an EU student)

Congrats to anyone who has received an offer already!
Both Edinburgh and St. Andrews got back to me last week (for neuroscience though), so hopefully they'll get back to you too! And a bit of a random question, but are you Dutch by any chance?
lizzybrouwer
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by hysterria)
Both Edinburgh and St. Andrews got back to me last week (for neuroscience though), so hopefully they'll get back to you too! And a bit of a random question, but are you Dutch by any chance?
Yep, I am! But I'm doing the International Baccalaureate because I've lived abroad for most of my life. I'm guessing you're Dutch too then?
hysterria
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yep, I am! But I'm doing the International Baccalaureate because I've lived abroad for most of my life. I'm guessing you're Dutch too then?
Yupp, from Gelderland. Whereabouts do you live, if you don't mind me asking? Also, have you already decided which university you want to go to?
lizzybrouwer
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by hysterria)
Yupp, from Gelderland. Whereabouts do you live, if you don't mind me asking? Also, have you already decided which university you want to go to?
I live in Brabant but go to school in Rotterdam. My first choice is Edinburgh (if I get an offer, of course) and my second choice is Glasgow

Have you made your decision?
hysterria
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I live in Brabant but go to school in Rotterdam. My first choice is Edinburgh (if I get an offer, of course) and my second choice is Glasgow

Have you made your decision?
Glasgow was my first choice, but I'm never going to meet the conditions of their offer . My first choice now is probably Aberdeen, I know that Edinburgh is more prestigious but I prefer Aberdeen's course and I liked the university better when I visited
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (87)
13.92%
I'm not sure (30)
4.8%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (198)
31.68%
I have already dropped out (13)
2.08%
I'm not a current university student (297)
47.52%

Watched Threads