bex_26797
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Right I have yet to receive any offers, can I panic yet?

My track screen stick is blank whereas most people have conditionals. Many of the people in school have received five offers yet I have barely received acknowledgements. Plus I have an interview tomorrow for a uni which is more competitive than Oxbridge thus don't stand a chace - I have been crying most of the day about this sort of thing.

Even my fifth choice which is a backup of majoring in theology, minor in english hasn't got back to me. Do joint degrees take longer to reply?

Does my situation warrant contacting the unis, or should I cry in despair as I am now?
Nasher and Basher
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
When did you apply ?
Rhys.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
When did you apply, what for, and where to?

And no, don't panic yet, they still have months to reply.
cpearson
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
All Unis have until March sometime (21st i think) to get back to you.
Queen Alice
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
You have an interview at least, that is more than some people I know.

Also you have no rejections, which is a good thing.

When did you send your application? I am guessing not long ago...
It took a month for my first offer!

P.S, I don't think any uni is more competitive than oxbridge

P.P.S be patient!
*pitseleh*
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
And, for the record, it can often take longer if you've applied for joint honours, because some universities (if not all) want your application to be viewed by both departments.

Don't panic - there's plenty of time yet. At least you're not sitting there with a bunch of rejections. It just sounds like you've chosen five universities that take their time over replying - nothing to worry about!
figureeight
Badges: 11
Report 11 years ago
Remember - some people only applied on the 15th of January. Maybe your unis are just waiting for all the possible applicants to come through. Lots of universities do that for popular or heavily oversubscribed courses.
bex_26797
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
It was processed 29th November, likewise with everyone else in school. Sent to Ref early November.

I applied for primary teaching thus each choice (except for my fifth one) should entail an advice and therefore deducing by terms of time in would be anticipated that interviews should be sent around now or so. Thus inducing panic. I am not going to jinx the uni I have received an interview for but it has fifteen applicants at least per place for the course! (editeadmaster informed us of this, thus not being hearsay, thus it is true)

21st March leaves 57 days to panic!!! At the moment I would rather just hear back! Its inducing stress because I conceive the idea if I had offers I would know what I have to attain rather than being stuck in limbo.
pancakes
Report 11 years ago
no news is good news, even at this stage. What have you applied for?
Angelharpist
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I didn't hear from Bristol until 4 days before the deadline by which they can tell you whether you're 'in.' Really, really annoyed me, but all is good now I'm here
Valjean
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
If they didn't like you you'd have recieved a rejection straight away You have a decent chance!

Good luck
essygal1990
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Atleast you have an interview, I have heard nothing besides acknowledgements.
βored
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I predicted another one of these threads would pop up in a few days time. I've spotted 5 so far I believe.

As long as you've recieved your welcome letter then don't panic and be patient.
laur*
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by bex_26797)
It was processed 29th November, likewise with everyone else in school. Sent to Ref early November.

I applied for primary teaching thus each choice (except for my fifth one) should entail an advice and therefore deducing by terms of time in would be anticipated that interviews should be sent around now or so. Thus inducing panic. I am not going to jinx the uni I have received an interview for but it has fifteen applicants at least per place for the course! (editeadmaster informed us of this, thus not being hearsay, thus it is true)

21st March leaves 57 days to panic!!! At the moment I would rather just hear back! Its inducing stress because I conceive the idea if I had offers I would know what I have to attain rather than being stuck in limbo.
you could do with laying off the 'thus'...
evil groove
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I thought this thread was going to be about someone who had received all rejections! Don't worry O.P. there's plenty of time
suek
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Even for interviews, there is PLENTY of time - they don't stop interviews in March by the way, they keep going beyond that, but the interview invite should be before March, yes. (I was listening in to a conversation staff at one uni I interviewed at had with their students re: showing people round )

No news is better than rejections!

And don't panic about that interview you have got.

To put things in the picture I applied in mid October by the way and my interviews, some of them, they only did them after the Jan 15 deadline. Some places just hold off till then.
tristanperry
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I was processsed on the 12th of October and still haven't heard from two of my Unis.

These things do take time - don't worry, I'm sure you'll get positive results soon
Evizu
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Just give it time, They will get back to you. Best of Luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bradford
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate Open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Oct '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (65)
23.13%
No (216)
76.87%

Watched Threads