Knox02
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Does anyone do the power and conflict cluster for the9-1 gcse?I do not know how to revise it? As they are all to do with power and conflict I can’t remeber specific quotes for specific poems as the topic of war is the same!Anyone have any advice on doing well in poetry?
username3693560
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
If I were you, I'd learn it parrot fashion. Try to actually learn the poems off by heart and then make up the analysis as you go along. The theme may be the same - war and conflict - but the aspects explored will be different, the imagery will be different, the structure and the social and historical context, these are all unique to the poems. I did love through the ages rather than conflict but the way you go about it is the same.
Tommy123Hull
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
RIP

I absolutely hated power and conflict

Although Remains and War Photographer were good

Ended up with a 3 so best not take any advice off me

(6 in language though so it’s not too bad)

All the best
Knox02
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Tommy123Hull)
RIP

I absolutely hated power and conflict

Although Remains and War Photographer were good

Ended up with a 3 so best not take any advice off me

(6 in language though so it’s not too bad)

All the best
I know I find it so dull! I just can’t differentiate the poems as they are all on war. A 6 in language is great. I really struggle with language , how did you do it????
Tommy123Hull
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Yeah it’s very depressing the lot of it

Yeah the 6 was completely unexpected I was expecting resits but thank **** I don’t

I went to revision sessions watched Mr Bruff on YouTube

When it got to the actual exam I just went for it I rammed as much analysis and terminology as possible and you need a good story that stands out

What I did in my story I was a journalist working for a channel 4 documentary in a war zone and I just went in great detail about it

I had given up on literature if I’m honest and I was never good at it I think Shakespeare and Poems and everything else is just nonsense

Funnily enough I haven’t had to use any Shakespeare in my IT course at college or poems 😂

Just try your best but don’t do too much in terms of revision 😀
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.76%
Okay (110)
29.02%
A bit lacking (141)
37.2%
Not good at all (91)
24.01%

Watched Threads