The Student Room Group

Do Universities get your grades for the january exams

I gave my m3 exam on the 10th of january i didn't do well and was thinking of resitting it in june, do universities know my grade for the januaray exams or do they just get the overall compiled grade in august. And if i were to resit it in june do i have to tell the universities that i am, i already sent my application in december and got 4 offers and one pending.
bump
They only know your final grade in August after you resit the exam. They would not currently be aware of your M3 grade since you’ve already sent off UCAS. The grades that determine if you get your place are the final grades you get in August. Also, you don’t need to tell the universities. As long as the resit is with the 2 years of you learning the course then it’s fine.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by assassinbunny123
I gave my m3 exam on the 10th of january i didn't do well and was thinking of resitting it in june, do universities know my grade for the januaray exams or do they just get the overall compiled grade in august. And if i were to resit it in june do i have to tell the universities that i am, i already sent my application in december and got 4 offers and one pending.

Yes universities get an update on exam results in January - although it's unlikely that they'll bother to look at your results until August.

If you put your modules in your UCAS application with M3 pending in January then you need to update UCAS (email the details to [email protected] ) and then your universities. If there's a technical discrepancy between your application and your results then universities can use that as an excuse to reject you - it's unlikely but for the sake of a few emails you can protect yourself.

Original post by Natasha_Faye
They only know your final grade in August after you resit the exam. They would not currently be aware of your M3 grade since you’ve already sent off UCAS. The grades that determine if you get your place are the final grades you get in August. Also, you don’t need to tell the universities. As long as the resit is with the 2 years of you learning the course then it’s fine.

This isn't true
Original post by PQ

If you put your modules in your UCAS application with M3 pending in January then you need to update UCAS (email the details to [email protected] ) and then your universities. If there's a technical discrepancy between your application and your results then universities can use that as an excuse to reject you - it's unlikely but for the sake of a few emails you can protect yourself.

i didn't put M3 as a module for january, i just put AS furthermaths and A level furthermaths in june as pending. I didn't put M3 for January because i was told that doing just m3 and s2 in january wont get you a qualification as i need to do 3 modules to get A-level furthermaths qualification, so i'd get a grade in after june. Do i still need to email them?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by assassinbunny123
i didn't put M3 as a module for january, i just put AS furthermaths and A level furthermaths in june as pending. I didn't put M3 for January because i was told that doing just m3 and s2 in january wont get you a qualification as i need to do 3 modules to get A-level furthermaths qualification, so i'd get a grade in after june. Do i still need to email them?

So you didn't list your modules on your application? Just the overall qualifications?

In that case you're fine.

Quick Reply

Latest