The Student Room Group

Unmotivated

I have applied for medicine for 2018 entry and have already received an interview, however, I am beginning to reconsider whether medicine is the right choice or not for me. I have lost my passion in my A-levels in Biology and Chemistry and hence also think I will not enjoy medicine (partly as I am aware huge volumes of information need to be learnt) . Also, the amount of stress and responsibility involved in a medical career would be excessive for me in my opinion.

I am not sure about what other options I have, I have considered finance or accounting careers however my maths skills are poor and I am worried I would become bored of this too.

The lack of direction in knowing what I want to do is affecting my motivation with A-levels further and I am anxious to take a gap year as I am worried it will not make me any more decided.

I understand this decision is for me to make, but does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.
(edited 6 years ago)
Hi...Believe me you are not alone feeling like this ! Try and just focus on your A-levels for now and get them done and dusted! I think it is a good idea to reflect - take a year out if you so wish - try and plan it - get something out of it. Volunteer in different areas etc. Better to put thought in to what you hope to do long term than find yourself unhappy in university next October. You will be fine - the world is your oyster!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending