Are turbans haram in Islam?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
crazy year 11
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I am a Muslim girl and I've been wearing the scarf for a long time. Recently I've seen youtuber's such as Dina Tokia wear a turban and I've wondered if they are haram as they do show your neck which is supposed to be covered up. Could someone also tell me the hadith please??
feministbeware
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
sorry im not muslim.
feministbeware
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
give me a like and ill google it.
Prefect1992
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I don't think so, I suppose as long as your hair is covered it's fine

(Not a muslim just going on my knowledge)

Source:

QE2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Dodo0099)
I don't think so, I suppose as long as your hair is covered it's fine

(Not a muslim just going on my knowledge)

Source:

Those are men. Men are not required to cover their hair. A man's awrah (part of the body which must be covered) is from the navel to the knees.
Prefect1992
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by QE2)
Those are men. Men are not required to cover their hair. A man's awrah (part of the body which must be covered) is from the navel to the knees.
ah, right

I suppose if it covers the female awrah it should be fine.....

Edit: oops just read OP, I thought this was a discussion around whether turbans were haram in general LOL
Yummy Koochy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by crazy year 11)
I am a Muslim girl and I've been wearing the scarf for a long time. Recently I've seen youtuber's such as Dina Tokia wear a turban and I've wondered if they are haram as they do show your neck which is supposed to be covered up. Could someone also tell me the hadith please??
Hi fellow muslim here. There seem to be mixed reviews about the issue, but from what i understand if the chest area/bosom is covered with modest (i.e. non revealing tight clothes) then it should be fine to wear a turban, and also for some reason apparently the ears must be covered aswell as it is part of the awrah. Im not a scholar or anyone with special knowledge, but as a fellow muslim hijaabi, i thought i would share my opinion and insight; and share some links with you

http://aboutislam.net/counseling/ask...-proper-hijab/

https://islam.stackexchange.com/ques...sible-earrings

Also while researching i stumbled across this, while off topic still something worth mentioning, are that any style of hijab with a 'camel hump' is haram.

https://qa.islam.com/s/3963/is_hijab...aram#gsc.tab=0

Hope that helps sister, let me know if i can help out in any other way, Assalamu Allaikum.
AL~FARUQ
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Sister, I will advice you Not to practice Islam based fire n what the majority are doing but Practice it based on what is in the Quran Kareem. So please when ever you are confused about any rulings of Islam get clearification from the Quran By meeting Islamic scholars near your area.
username2393237
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Everything is haram
-Quava-
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by AL~FARUQ)
Sister, I will advice you Not to practice Islam based fire n what the majority are doing but Practice it based on what is in the Quran Kareem. So please when ever you are confused about any rulings of Islam get clearification from the Quran By meeting Islamic scholars near your area.
Second that.
OP, if you need clarification you yourself should go directly to the Qur'aan.
Do not look at the majority because the majority of women wear makeup in front of their mahrams but this is against Islam but this type of beautification has been normalized so people don't give the ruling a second thought.
-Quava-
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Why did I not check that this thread was a year old? smh
HumbleBee_x
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by -Quava-)
Why did I not check that this thread was a year old? smh
thats for propping this up to me doll, I was gonna reply lol
AL~FARUQ
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Islamic ruling s are not just declared without clear evidence. So u can use your personal knowledge to judge in Islam.thaks
AL~FARUQ
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (102)
5.19%
Uncertainty around my education (294)
14.95%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (208)
10.57%
Lack of purpose or motivation (276)
14.03%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (86)
4.37%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (112)
5.69%
Loneliness (171)
8.69%
Financial worries (70)
3.56%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (86)
4.37%
Exposure to negative news/social media (92)
4.68%
Lack of real life entertainment (108)
5.49%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (175)
8.9%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (187)
9.51%

Watched Threads