The Student Room Group

GCSE Problems

What shall I do about these GCSEs?
Maths, English Language, History, Statistics - U
R.E - F
English Literature - D
Science - E

I know they are very bad but I'm not academic at all and suffer with very bad mental health issues.

I need to get a good paid job so I can afford a car, DO NOT say it's not a priority as I'll kick off big time, IT IS a priority so I can go further away for better jobs and maybe even get to college 1 day! I am considering 're takes but not 5 as I won't be able to handle that many while studying for driving, I want to work with animals, I have entry level 3 maths already, I'm 19, I'm volunteering in a few animal places while earning £5.90 in a shop.
Reply 1
Find a revision method that works for you
Make a revision timetable
I think you will find it difficult to find somewhere to retake your GCSEs.

If you want to work with animals here are a couple of ideas -

Have a look around and see if there are any colleges offering animal management courses which you can get to. They are BTEC courses which start at level 1 and go up to level 3. You might have to start at level 1 and work your way up Here is an example - http://hadlow.ac.uk/courses/animal-management/

Have a look for an apprenticeship working with animals - go here - https://www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk/apprenticeshipsearch and put in animals and where you live. Near here Pets at Home have an animal grooming apprenticeship and the Blue Cross and also looking for apprenticeships to look after sick animals, but there might be other things near where you are.

Try and get a job in a pet shop if you can - sometimes you can access qualifications that way

To be really honest i think you will struggle find a well paid job without some other qualifications. It's really good you have an idea of what you would like to do, and even better that you are doing some volunteering in that area, because that will help you get a place at college/an apprenticeship.

Quick Reply

Latest