The Student Room Group

guy slapped my ass and my bf thinks it’s my fault

so this weekend i went to a party with my friends and a guy i dont know slapped my ass when i was dancing with my best friend. I didnt call my bf straight away because i wanted to enjoy the rest of the nigt and not let that ******* ruin it. My boyfriend isnt happy because i didnt tell him straight away. We sorted that but yesterday When he went to confront the guy i told him that the guy may try to flip it on me and say i was being too provocative - even if i was dancing provocatively.. no reason to touch me inappropriately! Now my boyfriend says he cant trust me because i didnt tell him i was dancing “like a sl*g” when he misunderstood what i was saying! I was trying to warn him to be prepared that if the guy did say it was my fault it isnt true. Now my boyfriend needs a ‘break’ from me for a week because he no longer trusts or respects me. Im so stuck because he said if i text or call at all within a week it’s over but it’s so hard! We’ve been together three years and we’ve talked almost every day, and now it’s like he doesnt even love me, it’s like he hates me

Scroll to see replies

this is so funny.
Definetly not OK on his part! Even if you were dancing 'provocatively' (which, by the way, you are completely entitled to do! Dance however you want!) then that guy is still not OK slapping your ass. It's your body and he has no right to touch you like that, especially when you are a stranger to him. If you're boyfriend doesn't see that then it's on him - not you! If because a guy decided that he had the right to inappropriately touch a stranger your bf thinks that that's somehow your fault for being a great dancer and having a fun time then he needs to get off his high horse and return to the 21st century. I hope he realises his mistake and apologises, otherwise I think you are better off without him. Hope everything works itself out!
just let him cool off till he realises what an idiot he has been for calling you a ****
Original post by Anonymous
so this weekend i went to a party with my friends and a guy i dont know slapped my ass when i was dancing with my best friend. I didnt call my bf straight away because i wanted to enjoy the rest of the nigt and not let that ******* ruin it. My boyfriend isnt happy because i didnt tell him straight away. We sorted that but yesterday When he went to confront the guy i told him that the guy may try to flip it on me and say i was being too provocative - even if i was dancing provocatively.. no reason to touch me inappropriately! Now my boyfriend says he cant trust me because i didnt tell him i was dancing “like a sl*g” when he misunderstood what i was saying! I was trying to warn him to be prepared that if the guy did say it was my fault it isnt true. Now my boyfriend needs a ‘break’ from me for a week because he no longer trusts or respects me. Im so stuck because he said if i text or call at all within a week it’s over but it’s so hard! We’ve been together three years and we’ve talked almost every day, and now it’s like he doesnt even love me, it’s like he hates me

Maybe it’s better that way.. it doesn’t sound like he trusts you and trust is one of the most important parts of a successful and monogamous relationship.

I know you’ve been together for a long time but you need to ask yourself whether a guy who doesn’t trust you is the one you want to spend the rest of your life with. If not, then the earlier you end it the less you’ll both suffer from it.
Your boyfriend is being a misogynistic arse.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by BeaHive45
Definetly not OK on his part! Even if you were dancing 'provocatively' (which, by the way, you are completely entitled to do! Dance however you want!) then that guy is still not OK slapping your ass. It's your body and he has no right to touch you like that, especially when you are a stranger to him. If you're boyfriend doesn't see that then it's on him - not you! If because a guy decided that he had the right to inappropriately touch a stranger your bf thinks that that's somehow your fault for being a great dancer and having a fun time then he needs to get off his high horse and return to the 21st century. I hope he realises his mistake and apologises, otherwise I think you are better off without him. Hope everything works itself out!

"Somehow your fault for being a great dancer" hahahah, I don't think that's quite the requirement to get a drunk lad in the club to be interested in you.
He doesn't deserve you, hun x

Get a new boy he isn't worth it.

It isn't your fault and you should have no right to ever feel that way. Your bf should be there for you but he isn't.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Your boyfriend is being a mygononistic arse.

Cool word, where did you learn that?
Original post by Notorious_B.I.G.
"Somehow your fault for being a great dancer" hahahah, I don't think that's quite the requirement to get a drunk lad in the club to be interested in you.

No it's not, the only requirement is being there at all! Quite why guys (in a club, party or on the street) feel that they have the right to put their hands on women's bodies is completely beyond me. Like mate I don't know you, I don't want your hands on me thanks...
Dump your bf. he’s a tw*t
Seems pretty reasonable for your boyfriend to be annoyed that you were dancing provocatively with another guy.

It obviously isn't your fault that the guy slapped your ass though.
Let him cool off. TBH I can see why he feels it looks bad - it sounds like you have something to hide and your story was changing. I get what your intention was but you should try and see how it would feel to him. It's kind of weird he would go and confront the guy though.

This is shocking honestly..he is completely out of order. He should have been supportive and asked if you were okay considering some idiot smacked your a**!! His reaction is not normal at all and there is no excuse for him to be turning it around on you and making you feel awful! You're allowed to go out with your friends and have a good time, like you say you didn't give this guy any indication that you wanted him to do that. That doesn't give him the right to not trust you and if he doesn't then that's his problem. You shouldn't let him have that much control over you to think that if you text him that your 3 year relationship will be over, he clearly can't respect you or your relationship that much if he would throw it away like that, it's nasty. Did he seem upset or just completely annoyed? Cause if he was just completely annoyed if I were in your shoes I would call/see him and tell him exactly how you feel and that he can't control you like that. Obviously up to you what you do but I think that is out of order x
If you have a boyfriend don't dance up on other guys lol, at least you wouldn't if you love him imo

tell im hes a dotty fooka

and a LEGEND

pat x
Reply 16
Original post by Justaguy1999
If you have a boyfriend don't dance up on other guys lol, at least you wouldn't if you love him imo

1) She didn't say she did that

2) Even if you do that, slapping someone's ass is still not acceptable.

In the situation as she describes it, her bf is being an absolute idiot and should really think about his attitude.
how good is your bum
Original post by Pat_is_back_56
tell im hes a dotty fooka

and a LEGEND

pat x

i bet it was you. you creep
dump him dump him dump him dump him dump him dump him dump him dump him

Quick Reply

Latest