Equil9nityp
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I would like to study human, social and political sciences at Cambridge University. For the entry requirements, it states that I need 40–42 points out of 45 with 776 or 777 at Higher Level in the International Baccalaureate. What does this mean?
P.s. I'm only in year 9 and I'm just wondering. I'm a high achiever and love to research these things as well as my desired course (in the near future)
Thanks!
wolfmoon88
Badges: 21
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Equil9nityp)
I would like to study human, social and political sciences at Cambridge University. For the entry requirements, it states that I need 40–42 points out of 45 with 776 or 777 at Higher Level in the International Baccalaureate. What does this mean?
P.s. I'm only in year 9 and I'm just wondering. I'm a high achiever and love to research these things as well as my desired course (in the near future)
Thanks!
Do you know what the IB Diploma is about? And how it works?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Equil9nityp
Rep:
?
No, I haven't learnt about that. May you please explain it to me? (Apologies, please bear in mind, I'm only in year 9)
Rohan77642
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No, I haven't learnt about that. May you please explain it to me? (Apologies, please bear in mind, I'm only in year 9)
Its very complicated dude. I am in 2nd year of IB and am still confused myself hahaha.
wolfmoon88
Badges: 21
Report 1 year ago
So basically, I assume you are going to do A levels or the IB Diploma?

The IB Diploma is basically a qualification that you take in Year 12 and Year 13... You have to take 3 Higher Level Subject and 3 Standard Level Subjects... each subject is graded out of 7. Theory of Knowledge and Extended Essay scores make up the rest of the points (3) The overall score you get is out of 45. The subjects are each from a different area: Sciences, Language 1, Language 2, Maths, Social Sciences, Elective.

Posted from TSR Mobile
paulaweng
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thanks!
Hey! I actually just received an offer from King's College Cambridge to study HSPS and I do the IB, so if you have any unanswered questions I might be able to help
Equil9nityp
Rep:
?
Wow, how convenient! Thanks so much. Anywho, what was your interview like? What kind of questions did they ask you? What did you get for your GCSE's and A levels?
KeepCam,CarryOn
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by paulaweng)
Hey! I actually just received an offer from King's College Cambridge to study HSPS and I do the IB, so if you have any unanswered questions I might be able to help
Wow, how convenient! Thanks so much. Anywho, what was your interview like? What kind of questions did they ask you? What did you get for your GCSE's and A levels?
Trinity-guy here! The IB and A-levels are two different systems. I would recommend looking into the requirements exclusive to the educational system you're in. So if you are not planning on taking the IB or if you're not in or about to start going to an IB school, then you shouldn't worry too much about that system.

I actually began looking at Cambridge when I was around year 9, so I think it is great that you're looking ahead. However, I think you perhaps should focus as much as you can on your current classes and grades. Try to figure out what subjects you are really passionate about, and try to research what you could imagine studying in the future. I actually thought I wanted to study economics back in year 9, but now I'm about to begin studying maths. In other words, be careful not to decide on HSPS too early. You have lots of time, so use that to your advantage. Keep working hard in all your subjects.. Remember that Cambridge will still be there in the future, and they will be happy to take you in if you love your course, but you have to do just that. You most likely won't get in if your only motivation is the prestige of Cambridge, so be careful to let your subject motivate you, instead of the uni you wish to attend.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 2 Jul '20
  • University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 3 Jul '20

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (128)
18.23%
It's just nice to be back! (192)
27.35%
Not great so far... (251)
35.75%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.66%

Watched Threads