elxzaaa
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi! I just received back my mock results for history and I was able to achieve 51/52 for both my tests. At this point all my class mates are asking for tips as to how I revise and strategise in the exams so I figured maybe I could extend my help My exam board is Edexcel
(I'm by no means saying my grades are perfect but my help is there for those who want it)
GcseStudent9
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Congrats, Well Done!
Gent2324
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
how did you revise? what exam board? what topics?
sadasdasfsfafg
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
can you please give us some effective revision techniques
sadasdasfsfafg
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
+ is it ocr
elxzaaa
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gent2324)
how did you revise? what exam board? what topics?
So my topics I had to prepare for were Nazi Germany and Medicine Through Time (but overall I do those two topics as well as American West and Anglo Saxons). The first thing I did was look through my revision guide and group together pages that linked together and could possibly come up as a 16 marker - for example, I linked paged together that had to do with how the Weimar Republic recovered under Stresemann or how how diseases were treated in Medieval England. I'd then make A3 mindmaps for the pages I'd link together so I 'd have all the information in one place. When I'd made one, I'd highlight the most important pieces of information. When I'd made all my mindmaps, I'd then go through each and rewrite them from memory (sometimes in timed conditions) to see how well I remembered the information.

I also made flash cards for the entire spec which seems very long (it was) but as the exam came closer, I'd go through them everyday and consolidate the information
elxzaaa
Rep:
?
(Original post by GcseStudent9)
Congrats, Well Done!
Thanks so much!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20

Has your university offer been reduced?