The Student Room Group

Can you be happy with someone you don’t entirely trust?

I live in constant fear I’m going to lose my boyfriend and that he’s doing me dirty and talking to other girls but I have no proof, it’s just my paranoia? What should I do
Reply 1
Chill the **** out. He chose you for a reason didn't he?
Reply 2
Iv'e had the same issues for a long time. In th beginning it was me feeling insecure about the same things you do now. As for that I's say relax, he's there for you now, and that's what matters. Is he want's to leave you cross that bridge when you get to it, and enjoy your relationship while it's good =)
Reply 3
Can you be happy without trust? No.

It gets toxic when your insecurities become controlling. Understand that he loves you and he can have female friends. Without proof, you have nothing to go by so enjoy the relationship.
Have you told him how you really feel? Don't accuse him of anything. Just talk to him.
Reply 5
If he's cheated before then that insecurity could always be at the back of your mind. You will have to try to figure out if there are reasonable requests that you can make to help reduce those fears and let him re-earn that trust. Don't make him pay for one mistake for many years though.

If he hasn't cheated before, then the insecurity is on you and it's your issue to solve. Why don't you trust him? Consider that you could be making a self-fulfilling prophecy where he does end up breaking up with you because of the behaviour you exhibit 'because you don't trust him'.

If you break up with him, would you feel the same insecurities about the next guy? Try to learn to trust.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending