Opinions on what I do Watch

Jake T123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Long story but I’m in an awkward position, I’ve been talking to this girl for a while now, and I’ve liked her for a long time before. We were friends a couple years ago and I really liked her then, but never told her. My feelings for her never changed even though I’ve been in a relationship with another girl (yes I know I probably shouldn’t have done that but it’s too late now). Basically I have really liked this girl as long as I have known her and we have got on really well.
Today she said that a few years ago she was very into me and after becoming closer recently, saw it as a possibility that we would become more than friends.
However she has also said to me that she doesn’t think that both of us starting uni soon would put pressure on our relationship and thinks she is not ready for that right now.
The problem is that the uni she will be going to is one of my choices, but is slightly lower than my other choice for my subject.
I am really into this girl and I know something could potentially happen but do I put that first or put the slightly better uni first.
I know that if I pick the better uni I’m letting her go again and that’s not something I want to do.
Please help. thanks guys
Anonymous #1
Report 2 years ago
😑Are you going go uni’s that are ages away from eachother?
maisied3
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Are you going to different universities? Are they miles away from eachother?
Jake T123
Rep:
?
(Original post by maisied3)
Are you going to different universities? Are they miles away from eachother?
This is my choice, I could still go to the same, or one a couple hours away
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If you're in a relationship right now then it's probably best you don't jump ship. Not all relationships work and the fact that yours does is a good sign, don't give that up because you have feelings for another girl. Lust is a shallow emotion and who knows if it will even work with her.

Secondly I think you should choose the university that appeals to you more in terms of course content or career prospects. Don't just pick it because your crush is going there, that's just ridiculous.
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Jake T123)
Long story but I’m in an awkward position, I’ve been talking to this girl for a while now, and I’ve liked her for a long time before. We were friends a couple years ago and I really liked her then, but never told her. My feelings for her never changed even though I’ve been in a relationship with another girl (yes I know I probably shouldn’t have done that but it’s too late now). Basically I have really liked this girl as long as I have known her and we have got on really well.
Today she said that a few years ago she was very into me and after becoming closer recently, saw it as a possibility that we would become more than friends.
However she has also said to me that she doesn’t think that both of us starting uni soon would put pressure on our relationship and thinks she is not ready for that right now.
The problem is that the uni she will be going to is one of my choices, but is slightly lower than my other choice for my subject.
I am really into this girl and I know something could potentially happen but do I put that first or put the slightly better uni first.
I know that if I pick the better uni I’m letting her go again and that’s not something I want to do.
Please help. thanks guys

unless you have intentions on being with the girl for life [and she the same with you] it would be better to go to the better Uni
Jake T123
Rep:
?
(Original post by UWS)
If you're in a relationship right now then it's probably best you don't jump ship. Not all relationships work and the fact that yours does is a good sign, don't give that up because you have feelings for another girl. Lust is a shallow emotion and who knows if it will even work with her.

Secondly I think you should choose the university that appeals to you more in terms of course content or career prospects. Don't just pick it because your crush is going there, that's just ridiculous.
I am not in a relationship and the uni that she is going to is also a good uni for me, but there are also other good choices but I was only leaning towards this one because it’s where she is going
Jake T123
Rep:
?
(Original post by ANM775)
unless you have intentions on being with the girl for life [and she the same with you] it would be better to go to the better Uni
I know it sounds clingy and cringy but that is how much I like her
pandoma
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Risking the quality of your education for a relationship that might not even work out is just plain ridiculous.
SplendidHoney
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It depends on the universities. If one is marginally better than the other I would say go to the one she is at.

Choosing a uni on rankings isn't always the best idea as many companies don't chose employees based upon unis unless there is a significant difference, eg. oxbridge or russell group vs non-russell group. Employers care more about whether you have a first, 2:1 or 2:2

Also even if you want the relationship to work out think to yourself what the chances are of it lasting.
Rhi.Ham
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Jake T123)
Please help. thanks guys
Choose the first choice uni. A lot changes when you leave for uni, you meet so many people and its a whirlwind. If you don't feel different, she might and youll have put your eggs in her basket. You do you. At this age, you need to be selfish
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (504)
59.72%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.09%
No- I want it (240)
28.44%
No- I don't want it (57)
6.75%

Watched Threads