The Student Room Group

Confidence with girls

I have the most frustrating problem- I am extremely shy around girls, ESPECIALLY when I start crushing on a girl, to the point where I come across as nervous and very awkward after I start liking a girl (ie when it clicks in my head I fancy her).

HOW can I chat/flirt with girls in my classes (I’m in year 12) without sort of freezing up- and get a girlfriend?

I’m completely normal around my friends as well- laughing etc. just can’t seem to pull it off around females who I’m attracted to.
The best way would probably be to become friends with girls that you have no interest in a romantic or sexual way so that you get used to talking to girls without the pressure of having to say the right thing
Reply 2
Don't be weird. Think with your brain, not your member.

You don't have to talk with a female and think "OH MAN, CANT WAIT TO SMASH THAT"
approach and talk to this girl the same way you did with your friends.
If she is into you you'll be able to tell, if she isn't then leave it, there are plenty of fish in the sea.
Just imagine them not as girlfriends but as just friends and everything will be ok
I would say to become friends with girls or if your guy mates are friends with girls, when they’re with them, go and hang around with them and then slowly branch out to chatting to the girls. Also if you’re talking to your guy mates and one of the girls giggles at a joke you say or something then notice this and try to talk to her but just as a friend. Then if you notice she begins to flirt then slowly add some of that in and then keep going and remember... majority of girls love the guy to make the first move so when you feel comfortable and ready, ask her to the cinema or coffee or out somewhere and then boom you got ya self a girlfriend! :smile: hope you find love soon!
Original post by Anonymous
I have the most frustrating problem- I am extremely shy around girls, ESPECIALLY when I start crushing on a girl, to the point where I come across as nervous and very awkward after I start liking a girl (ie when it clicks in my head I fancy her).

HOW can I chat/flirt with girls in my classes (I’m in year 12) without sort of freezing up- and get a girlfriend?

I’m completely normal around my friends as well- laughing etc. just can’t seem to pull it off around females who I’m attracted to.

Just don't try so much, flirt casually or whatever. If you're trying too much it can come across as awkward, needy and desperate. I don't see why you'd get shy just because you fancy them, maybe just try being a bit more casual about it?
Original post by Anonymous
girls have massive smelly shits after a kebab like us guys.

can confirm

Quick Reply

Latest