I have an honours degree and will be applying for a second undergraduate degree

Watch
Akorae1994
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I already have a sport science (honours) degree, I will be applying to study diagnostic radiography at undergraduate level, will the degree benefit my application? I've researched the topic but there doesn't seem to be any relevant information.

My qualifications:
Honours degree in sports science and bio-mechanics: 2.1 degree classification
BTEC National Extended diploma in sport and exercise science: Three distinctions (134 UCAS points)
Science access course (access to careers in science): 134(minimum, likely more) UCAS points.

Note: All the universities I've applied for require 120 UCAS points (or less).
Charlotte's Web
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Akorae1994)
I already have a sport science (honours) degree, I will be applying to study diagnostic radiography at undergraduate level, will the degree benefit my application? I've researched the topic but there doesn't seem to be any relevant information.

My qualifications:
Honours degree in sports science and bio-mechanics: 2.1 degree classification
BTEC National Extended diploma in sport and exercise science: Three distinctions (134 UCAS points)
Science access course (access to careers in science): 134(minimum, likely more) UCAS points.

Note: All the universities I've applied for require 120 UCAS points (or less).
Potentially if you can demonstrate that you have developed relevant and transferable skills then it could benefit your personal statement. Realistically though, they are two very different degrees with very different careers associated so you shouldn't try to link them too much. The course content is vastly different so you won't get any benefits such as year 2 entry.
Akorae1994
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Thank you for your reply.Wouldn't say they are vastly different as both topics cover human anatomy, as they both ask the student to memorise the muscles, bones and various landmarks of the human body. Also, a large part of sports science is biology, which diagnostic radiography degrees ask for alongside physics. I've looked up the subject list of both and there is some degree of overlap.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (18)
8.29%
Okay (64)
29.49%
A bit lacking (81)
37.33%
Not good at all (54)
24.88%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed