The Student Room Group

Waiting to hear back from Brunel University's Pre-Reg MSc OT program....

Hi everyone!

I am an international applicant from the U.S. who already has their Bachelor's degree.

Brunel University is my DREAM school, and I am anxiously awaiting to hear back about my application to their Pre-Reg MSc program.

I have many observation hours with OT in varying settings and populations, my past employment experiences involved OT and other therapies, and I have completed extensive extra college courses not required for my Bachelor's degree that are relatable and helpful for a career in OT (A&P I and II, developmental psych, etc.)

My undergrad GPA was also a 3.8 out of 4.0, and I graduated with honors.

I am just incredibly nervous, as I have been waiting weeks to hear back, and I want nothing MORE than to be able to be a part of Brunel's OT program, especially now that they've been accredited with ACOTE.

If anyone has any past experiences with the application process with Brunel's Pre-Reg OT program, has also applied for the 2018/19 cohort, or has any advice/reassurance to give at all, it would be greatly appreciated!!

Scroll to see replies

Have you heard back? I’m also an International student that has applied. I had my interview on Monday and now I’m waiting to hear back with their official response. I’m crossing my fingers. Good luck to you too!
Original post by egonzales12
Have you heard back? I’m also an International student that has applied. I had my interview on Monday and now I’m waiting to hear back with their official response. I’m crossing my fingers. Good luck to you too!

Hey, I had my interview on Monday Feb 5th too! Also anxiously awaiting the response......I feel like the interview went well, so I'm keeping my hopes high and my fingers crossed!! :crossedf::crossedf::crossedf:
Hey, Good luck to you too! I feel like my interview went really well too! Let me know what happens!
Hey, Good luck to you too! I feel like my interview went really well too! Let me know what happens!

Definitely!!! Hopefully we can hang out in person on campus in a few short months! :smile:
That would be awesome! Its a scary thing moving 5000 miles away from home so it would be nice to have one friend when I get there :smile:
Hey, do you know around when we are supposed to hear back?
Hey, do you know around when we are supposed to hear back?

Haha, I was actually wondering if you had heard back too! I haven't heard back from them yet, but Dr. Cordingley told me it could take anywhere from 1 - 4 weeks for them to get back to you. He said to call Admissions if it has been longer than 4 weeks. Today marks the start of the 4th week for us, so I'm REALLY hoping to hear back by sometime this week!!!
Thats what he told me too! If we dont hear back by next monday, do you want to contact the admissions team? What do you think?
I am dying to find out! hahaha
Thats what he told me too! If we dont hear back by next monday, do you want to contact the admissions team? What do you think?

Oh yeah, for sure! If I don't hear back this week, you better believe I'm calling them first thing on Monday! Hahah
Original post by FaithfullyAriana
Oh yeah, for sure! If I don't hear back this week, you better believe I'm calling them first thing on Monday! Hahah

I will do the same! Let me know if you hear anything this week! Fingers crossed for the both of us!
I will do the same! Let me know if you hear anything this week! Fingers crossed for the both of us!

Yes, definitely!!! Keeping my hopes up for us!!! 🀞🀞🀞 We got this!!! πŸ’ͺ

Heyyy!! Did you hear anything this week? I didn't! I tried calling on Friday, but the Admissions Office was closed, even though it was inside their business hours - I think they were closed due to the bad snowstorm.

I'm not sure if we will hear back from the 5th - 7th either, since apparently the eVision portal will be unavailable online. So I'm assuming there might a slight chance that Admissions won't be reviewing applications either..? Who knows. I'm DYING to find out... I want to go to Brunel SO badly, and this waiting is the worst!!!
Hey! I want to go to Brunel SO BAD too! I just tweeted them. Lets hope I hear back from them soon :smile: I am also going to wait to contact them through email on Thursday! I am sure they are reviewing our applications but they are not going to get back to us till the application website is up and running I am guessing. All my family and friends are dying to hear too!

Heyyy!! Did you hear anything this week? I didn't! I tried calling on Friday, but the Admissions Office was closed, even though it was inside their business hours - I think they were closed due to the bad snowstorm.

I'm not sure if we will hear back from the 5th - 7th either, since apparently the eVision portal will be unavailable online. So I'm assuming there might a slight chance that Admissions won't be reviewing applications either..? Who knows. I'm DYING to find out... I want to go to Brunel SO badly, and this waiting is the worst!!!
(edited 6 years ago)
Hey! I want to go to Brunel SO BAD too! I just tweeted them. Lets hope I hear back from them soon :smile: I am also going to wait to contact them through email on Thursday! I am sure they are reviewing our applications but they are not going to get back to us till the application website is up and running I am guessing. All my family and friends are dying to hear too!

Thats great! What did you tweet them? And yeah, I'm going to call them tomorrow since I didn't call them today. I really hope we both get amazing news....and SOON!!! 🀞🀞🀞
Thats great! What did you tweet them? And yeah, I'm going to call them tomorrow since I didn't call them today. I really hope we both get amazing news....and SOON!!! 🀞🀞🀞

I tweeted, "Hello! I just had my interview on February 5th and the interviewer told me I would hear back within 4 weeks and if I don't, to check on my application status. Will I be hearing back soon? I am excited to start my studies." I tried so hard to not sound desperate but thats what I said. I will let you know if I hear anything from them. They actually get back quickly on twitter usually surprisingly.
I tweeted, "Hello! I just had my interview on February 5th and the interviewer told me I would hear back within 4 weeks and if I don't, to check on my application status. Will I be hearing back soon? I am excited to start my studies." I tried so hard to not sound desperate but thats what I said. I will let you know if I hear anything from them. They actually get back quickly on twitter usually surprisingly.

Haha, I know, it's so hard not to sound desperate!! We're just excited! πŸ˜‚ I'll tweet them tomorrow too if calling them doesn't work out. That's good to know!!
Haha, I know, it's so hard not to sound desperate!! We're just excited! πŸ˜‚ I'll tweet them tomorrow too if calling them doesn't work out. That's good to know!!

So this is what they said, β€œHi Elizabeth - your application is still pending and awaiting a decision from the academic department . The Admissions team will advise you of the outcome as soon as they hear back. Best of luck! :-)” I guess it’s just a waiting game now 😬
So this is what they said, β€œHi Elizabeth - your application is still pending and awaiting a decision from the academic department . The Admissions team will advise you of the outcome as soon as they hear back. Best of luck! :-)” I guess it’s just a waiting game now 😬

Ugh!!! So frustrating! Hahah, they basically told me the same thing over the phone when I called this morning. Since the eVision site is down, the lady couldn't really do much, so she told me to call back on Thursday/Friday. So I guess we're really just stuck waiting in a ball of suspense!!! πŸ˜¬πŸ˜΅πŸ™ƒ

Quick Reply

Latest