The Student Room Group

Foundation year interview - Durham

I have applied for Classics with Foundation at Durham. The Durham University website states that whilst few regular applicants have to do interviews, all Foundation applicants do (besides rejected ones). My question is if I get to that stage, what will the interview entail?
Reply 1
I was told it might be an assessment and some team building workshops. I was just invited to the one on the 10th Feb and it states it is running from 9.30am to 5pm.
Original post by VidiaA
I was told it might be an assessment and some team building workshops. I was just invited to the one on the 10th Feb and it states it is running from 9.30am to 5pm.

I will be there on that day, did you receive any Math and English study notes for the day?
Reply 3
Original post by Chuckey1408
I will be there on that day, did you receive any Math and English study notes for the day?

Yes, the maths is all on the my maths section of the Durham website and the English was text with no clue what they will require in the assessment. I have made loads of notes on that, lol
Reply 4
Original post by WAJG96
Hi, i applied for History with foundation year and have also been invited to the interview/assessment day on Feb 10th. I was given a pre reading task to look over as there will be a writing assessment on the day. What i'm wondering is whether there will be any maths related task? would be good to know so i can prepare before hand. I assume that i would have been told if there would be but i just thought since im applying for history, maths wouldn't be relevant. I know some other uni's have maths related task on their foundation assessment day. Any feedback would be appreciated

I was given the maths and English together, if you didn't get the maths section I doubt you will be tested on it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending