Are universities allowed to give preference to people who originally chose them? Watch

Brahiti
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Are universities allowed to give preference to students who originally chose them?

If I made a switch in a university 1 day after the 15th of january, might they not show preference to me? Is that allowed or will they be aware of that when making a decision?

This was done through UCAS Track. I did not just fully apply again. UCAS says they give you that as an option
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Brahiti)
Are universities allowed to give preference to students who originally chose them?

If I made a switch in a university 1 day after the 15th of january, might they not show preference to me? Is that allowed or will they be aware of that when making a decision?
If you apply after the 15th a uni has no obligation to consider your application at all. They might, but they don't have to.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Brahiti
Rep:
?
(Original post by ageshallnot)
If you apply after the 15th a uni has no obligation to consider your application at all. They might, but they don't have to.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No but UCAS says you're allowed to switch one option after the 15th. UCAS says that
Algorithmic
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
This.

Preference may be involved. Never heard of that though. But it's a late application so they're not obliged to even look at your application, let alone respond. They might if they have spaces to fill.
ageshallnot
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No but UCAS says you're allowed to switch one option after the 15th. UCAS says that
When did you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Brahiti
Rep:
?
When did you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile
My full application was done in time (15th, before 18:00 UK time) and UCAS allows you to switch a choice for another, for 14 days after your application is complete. I did that and switched one university for another.
ageshallnot
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
My full application was done in time (15th, before 18:00 UK time) and UCAS allows you to switch a choice for another, for 14 days after your application is complete. I did that and switched one university for another.
You can switch them all in theory. But because it is now after the 15th it still counts as a 'late application' and the uni doesn't have to consider it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Brahiti
Rep:
?
You can switch them all in theory. But because it is now after the 15th it still counts as a 'late application' and the uni doesn't have to consider it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
UCAS never says that and it was done through UCAS Track. I didn't fully apply again.
nutz99
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Read it again. UCAS also says that if you switch after the deadline it is regarded as a late application and you have to contact the university you want to switch to and ask them if they will accept it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • Brunel University London
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Sat, 26 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (102)
24%
No (323)
76%

Watched Threads