The Student Room Group

Are universities allowed to give preference to people who originally chose them?

Are universities allowed to give preference to students who originally chose them?

If I made a switch in a university 1 day after the 15th of january, might they not show preference to me? Is that allowed or will they be aware of that when making a decision?

This was done through UCAS Track. I did not just fully apply again. UCAS says they give you that as an option
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Brahiti
Are universities allowed to give preference to students who originally chose them?

If I made a switch in a university 1 day after the 15th of january, might they not show preference to me? Is that allowed or will they be aware of that when making a decision?

If you apply after the 15th a uni has no obligation to consider your application at all. They might, but they don't have to.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by ageshallnot
If you apply after the 15th a uni has no obligation to consider your application at all. They might, but they don't have to.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No but UCAS says you're allowed to switch one option after the 15th. UCAS says that

Posted from TSR Mobile

This.

Preference may be involved. Never heard of that though. But it's a late application so they're not obliged to even look at your application, let alone respond. They might if they have spaces to fill.
Original post by Brahiti
No but UCAS says you're allowed to switch one option after the 15th. UCAS says that

When did you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
When did you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile

My full application was done in time (15th, before 18:00 UK time) and UCAS allows you to switch a choice for another, for 14 days after your application is complete. I did that and switched one university for another.
Original post by Brahiti
My full application was done in time (15th, before 18:00 UK time) and UCAS allows you to switch a choice for another, for 14 days after your application is complete. I did that and switched one university for another.

You can switch them all in theory. But because it is now after the 15th it still counts as a 'late application' and the uni doesn't have to consider it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
You can switch them all in theory. But because it is now after the 15th it still counts as a 'late application' and the uni doesn't have to consider it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

UCAS never says that and it was done through UCAS Track. I didn't fully apply again.
Reply 8
Original post by Brahiti

Read it again. UCAS also says that if you switch after the deadline it is regarded as a late application and you have to contact the university you want to switch to and ask them if they will accept it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending