The Student Room Group

Critic

How can I understand critical viewpoint in English literature
Original post by Anonymous
How can I understand critical viewpoint in English literature
Are we talking about A Level here? What exam board out of interest?
Reply 2
Original post by 04MR17
Are we talking about A Level here? What exam board out of interest?

A level OCR
A level OCR
Having had a quick look through your spec, there's nothing glaringly obvious that I can see about critics. A good way of bringing them into your answers is by associating the ideas to their respective school of thought. If you're making any kind of point about gender (male or female) then you could draw on what a feminist interpretation might say. Similarly with Marxism and class. You can use named critics, but this is difficult to achieve while keeping your writing smooth.
Reply 4
There is in them both the same struggle between a direct, didactic purpose and a purely Romantic inspiration; the same tendency to darken poetic thought with pietistic or transcendental transports ; the same occasional gift of unsurpassed melody

Edmund Gosse

Do you have any clue what this is saying about Rossetti? Please
There is in them both the same struggle between a direct, didactic purpose and a purely Romantic inspiration; the same tendency to darken poetic thought with pietistic or transcendental transports ; the same occasional gift of unsurpassed melody

Edmund Gosse

Do you have any clue what this is saying about Rossetti? Please
Google the words you don't know, find easier synonyms and piece the sentence together.:wink: If at any point you can't understand something, don't use it in writing.
Reply 6
Original post by 04MR17
Google the words you don't know, find easier synonyms and piece the sentence together.:wink: If at any point you can't understand something, don't use it in writing.

I have to use this one
I have to use this one
What for? Is this coursework?
Reply 8
Original post by 04MR17
What for? Is this coursework?

No classwork I have to use it for a poem so I need to understand it so I can then come up with ideas to apply it to a poem
No classwork I have to use it for a poem so I need to understand it so I can then come up with ideas to apply it to a poem

Google the words you don't know, find easier synonyms and piece the sentence together.
Original post by 04MR17
Google the words you don't know, find easier synonyms and piece the sentence together.

Ok

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending