The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Psychology is a worthwhile subject.
DoubleThePrice
Understanding some obscure literature reference does not necessarily make you itelligent.

yeah pretty much what i think
Flowers smell nice... what are you trying to get at?
i am a duck
yeah pretty much what i think

So understanding a reference does not make you intelligent. OK so lets ponder the converse; not understanding the reference makes you intelligent?
I've never read Animal Farm... :frown:

This topic has lost its main purpose.
Master Polhem
So understanding a reference does not make you intelligent. OK so lets ponder the converse; not understanding the reference makes you intelligent?

no, man, don't be a putz!

i love u polhm

itra dfunny, cu\ trhis is a thread about meeting girla and ****, but we;re akk on the internet at homeon a friday and i am so drunk.

tell me Master, do you like the works of Kurt Vonnegut?/
Fellas1990
Steelmole your sig rocks!

*bows*
u + me = us
steelmole
*bows*

lol, very cool sig indeed, just noticed :p:
very good pick up line, would probably work wonders with a mathematician, hmm
Awara_Jawaan
lol, very cool sig indeed, just noticed :p:
very good pick up line, would probably work wonders with a mathematician, hmm

Sadly the physicist I was enthralled with slipped through my fingers quite a few years ago. I've never really got over that.
No.I believe being 'intelligent' is an advantage and how well you are able to get girls solely depends on how you interract on a social level.
Reply 151
i am a duck
Does anyone else feel like people just using their intelligence as an excuse for being socially inept?

Nah; I'm fantastically witty. I just lose out for being ginger and generally weird-looking.
Master Polhem

Obviously not.
Yes, definitely. I am such fine example of Modus tollendo tollens.
my boyfriend always thinks he's stupid just because he's not academically smart, but at music he's amazing.
he's intelligent in so many other ways - like his manners, etc etc.

my ex was far more intelligent academically than my current boyf, but he was an idiot, cheated on me and has currently dropped out of uni as he can't be bothered with the workload.

My boyfriend is by far the better choice!
steelmole
Sadly the physicist I was enthralled with slipped through my fingers quite a few years ago. I've never really got over that.

I think perhaps you need to find an additional "phrase" so to speak. Maybe something about the photo-electric effect or to do with Issac newton? They love that sorta stuff. (there's only so far you can get with circular motion and the like :wink: ).
Reply 156
PaperMoon
That doesn't have as much to do with intelligence as with the ability to speak japanese surely. If you said that to a very intelligent guy with a great sense of humour who doesn't speak the language and expect him to find it funny ,he'll just look at you like you're crazy. Gosh, you have a lot of requirements.:p:

I didn't say it was one of my requirements, or that it was particularly 'witty', it was just the first example of word play that came into my head, so don't just assume what I 'meant' to say...

i am a duck
Man that's unfunny

Yes, that tends to be my sense of humour - making the "groan" type of jokes which can be accompanied by a "budum-ching" of drums and cymbals.

u + me = us

Or what about your + mum = cuss (Not meant as an offence, just a similar equation! :p: )
coldplasma
No.I believe being 'intelligent' is an advantage and how well you are able to get girls solely depends on how you interract on a social level.

Yes, but you could be so intelligent that you are unable to interact on a social level. Plus, even on the premise that you are capable of adequate, normal social interaction, intelligence discrepancy could occur, and if you can't connect on an intellectual level, then you just can't communicate.
Photios
Yes, but you could be so intelligent that you are unable to interact on a social level.
Could you please provide some evidence to support this proposition, I see no reason why someone could be made social incapable from being highly intelligent.
Reply 159
coldplasma
Could you please provide some evidence to support this proposition, I see no reason why someone could be made social incapable from being highly intelligent.

I think he means that the intelligent person may talk using a large vocabulary full of words a less intelligent person might not understand so its hard for a social interaction? just a guess...

Latest

Trending

Trending