Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by lee1967)
Hi
Good luck on your 1st day
How did it go?
Thanks.
It went well. Still doing some e-Learning. I have got my residential training dates so will be away soon.
bil99
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by rebecca_:))
Yes. Good luck, hope you had a good day. What part of FIS are you in?
Thanks.

It went well. I am in Individuals and Businesses. Looks exciting!
chloegray90
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hi, I have been offered the job and I scored 5,6,7. My friend has also got it and he scored 6,6,7. I've worked in the CS fro a few years now and everyone I have known who got put on the reserve list eventually got a job after about 5-6 months. Do you know how long they will keep you on it?
Bluey1927
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Anyone have any updates? How's the job going? Anyone on the reserve list been offered a job yet?
username4042296
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Bluey1927)
Anyone have any updates? How's the job going? Anyone on the reserve list been offered a job yet?
I’ve just been given a provisional offer. Looking for any feedback from people who are in the role? Any good?
steely dan7094
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hi there i go a 5,6,6 was placed on reserve list and then 3 days later got offered a job
username4042296
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hi,Congrats. Have you started the job yet?
steely dan7094
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Nope i am starting in the next few weeks due to the length of my notice in my current job but really looking forward to it, meet the team already and a lot of ex military and police there.
username4042296
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by steely dan7094)
Nope i am starting in the next few weeks due to the length of my notice in my current job but really looking forward to it, meet the team already and a lot of ex military and police there.
Can i ask what location?
steely dan7094
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hi there cant say what office for obvious reasons due to the type of work that is involved i am afraid.
username4042296
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Ok. Looks like there will be quite a few new people as the adverts have gone external. How many weeks residential training have you got?
ExMilitia
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hi All what questions were you asked in the interview? Someone had mentioned it's the same as the application form
ExMilitia
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by BFRecruit)
Ok. Looks like there will be quite a few new people as the adverts have gone external. How many weeks residential training have you got?
Congrats on the offer, when do you start?

Awaiting interview and wondered what questions were asked?
anjuji
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I've applied for the position in Belfast and did the numerical and verbal reasoning test earlier this week. Fingers crossed! I don't know if the scoring has changed? I did not get a number score but rather how well I had done in comparison with other applicants. Does anyone know what percentage is good to have?
username4042296
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Typical civil service interview. Know your competencies inside out (i.e expect to talk about them ALOT) and try to have back up examples in case you miss a point.
steely dan7094
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
There is also an added scenario at interview that is not covered in the application form, if you are ex forces or police and are surveillance trained then you will be ok. If not then just use some common sense!

Residential training is 7-8 weeks including OST at the HQ.

Good luck if you have an interview
jimiphoenix
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hi all, I applied recently, closing date was July 27th. I havn't heard anything yet, on my profile it says 'application under revue'. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? Does anybody know how long it usually takes to hear a reply from application closing date? Many thanks in advance.
jimiphoenix
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by anjuji)
I've applied for the position in Belfast and did the numerical and verbal reasoning test earlier this week. Fingers crossed! I don't know if the scoring has changed? I did not get a number score but rather how well I had done in comparison with other applicants. Does anyone know what percentage is good to have?
Hi there, I think that we applied to the same vacancy advertisement. I'm applying for a position as CI based in Birmingham. Have you heard anything back yet? I keep checking my email and profile every day!

regards,
Jimi
rebecca_:)
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by jimiphoenix)
Hi there, I think that we applied to the same vacancy advertisement. I'm applying for a position as CI based in Birmingham. Have you heard anything back yet? I keep checking my email and profile every day!

regards,
Jimi
I also applied to this role. It stated that interview would be approx eight weeks from the closing date. Not expecting to hear anytime soon as it’s a national external campaign so will probably take abit longer than usual. I still do check my Portal daily... just in case!
JTPatts91
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by rebecca_:))
I also applied to this role. It stated that interview would be approx eight weeks from the closing date. Not expecting to hear anytime soon as it’s a national external campaign so will probably take abit longer than usual. I still do check my Portal daily... just in case!
I'm also in the same boat as you and applied as an external candidate to be based in Leeds. I've just sent an email to them asking for an update so should I hear back I'll post it here!
Looks like an exciting role and I'm encouraged by the amount of training others have said they've received! Good luck with your application!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (57)
19.39%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (119)
40.48%
Nope, not that interesting (118)
40.14%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise