HMRC Criminal investigator Watch

JTPatts91
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by bil99)
Yes, received yesterday, dated 23 March. starting date 16 April.
I've applied for the CI role in the latest round of applications. Still awaiting an interview date. How are you finding the job and how was the training?
rebecca_:)
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
In Manchester we got our feedback on Thursday. I would have thought they would have released the whole trawl together. So if you’ve not heard anything I would guess that it’s good news, rather than not good news.

I scored 4/3/4. You need minimum 4/4/4 to go through! I’m a bit gutted the tests and the personal statement didn’t seem to weigh more into the process but hey! Good luck!
username4042296
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
What area are the residential training courses held?
Plydva
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Just go to an interview offer. Scored 5/5/6 in the competencies so hopefully I can bump those up to at least 6/6/6 and either get an offer or put on the reserve list for the future. I'd feel very good about any 7s if I can manage that.
Lakeman12345
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hi guys, I have an interview for this post, can you give me advice for interview preparation? I scored 6,4,4 so ill have to impress them. Thanks in advance.
Lakeman12345
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hi guys, I have an interview for this post, can you give me advice for interview preparation? I scored 6,4,4 so ill have to impress them. Thanks in advance.
Plydva
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Lakeman12345)
Belfast by any chance?
Lakeman12345
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Yes, it is indeed.
Raji Paji
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by bil99)
16 April 2018. However no formal offer yet.
Hello.

Since you’ve been in the jobs for a few months and done all the training, care to share some light on how it is like to work as a CI?

I’ve applied this time around and done the interview, I’m just really curious on how the job is really like, also what is the flex policy like? can you work from home? How was the residential training? Is there much scope for progression? Etc

Thank you.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
username4042296
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Raji Paji)
Hello.

Since you’ve been in the jobs for a few months and done all the training, care to share some light on how it is like to work as a CI?

I’ve applied this time around and done the interview, I’m just really curious on how the job is really like, also what is the flex policy like? can you work from home? How was the residential training? Is there much scope for progression? Etc

Thank you.
Looking for a response to this too!
MissB456
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I’ve got an interview coming up at the start of November for this role. I was feeling excited for it but now having seen others competencies scores here makes me wonder if I have a chance 😂 I scored 4,4,5. Does anyone know if the interview is weighted higher than the competency questions? Thanks.
Plydva
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by MissB456)
I’ve got an interview coming up at the start of November for this role. I was feeling excited for it but now having seen others competencies scores here makes me wonder if I have a chance 😂 I scored 4,4,5. Does anyone know if the interview is weighted higher than the competency questions? Thanks.
The way the interview works is that they have your competencies and scores on hand and they expect you to use those same competencies and improve your scores. You can use other competencies than what you used in your applicationl, but it's definitely not as safe to do so. You'll not go down in score unless your interview is a complete disaster. You have a baseline from the application and it's your job to expand in the interview.
Lakeman12345
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by MissB456)
Is your interview for a role based in Belfast like myself? I think we would make excellent Criminal Investigators as we are doing our prep work already 😊
Plydva
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Is your interview for a role based in Belfast like myself? I think we would make excellent Criminal Investigators as we are doing our prep work already 😊
It is, ha! Are you internal or external?
MissB456
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
No the role I’m applying for is in Leeds but I would be happy with any northern/ish city if successful! Good luck in your application. Fingers crossed for us both ☺️
username1328641
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hi all, did anyone interview for this position for London/Croydon about four weeks ago? I'm yet to hear back and was just wondering if anyone else has yet?
Man from bath
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Plydva)
The way the interview works is that they have your competencies and scores on hand and they expect you to use those same competencies and improve your scores. You can use other competencies than what you used in your applicationl, but it's definitely not as safe to do so. You'll not go down in score unless your interview is a complete disaster. You have a baseline from the application and it's your job to expand in the interview.
Thanks

I completely change mine, and on this interview the first question was a scenario not a competenance.
Jb33g12
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Interviewed for the roles in Croydon/London last month. I decided to randomly check my application and my interview feedback has been uploaded. I wasn't notified or anything. May be worth checking to see if yours is there too.

I got 6/6/6 - hopefully that's good enough for a place
Man from bath
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Jb33g12)
Interviewed for the roles in Croydon/London last month. I decided to randomly check my application and my interview feedback has been uploaded. I wasn't notified or anything. May be worth checking to see if yours is there too.

I got 6/6/6 - hopefully that's good enough for a place
My results we out today for Bristol, I got 3 x 5 so won’t hold out. I did however get a start date for two weeks time for a compliance caseworker interview in April when I got 3 x 7s!!

Good luck
Plydva
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Anybody got interviews this week?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (176)
14.46%
The paper was reasonable (676)
55.55%
Not feeling great about that exam... (269)
22.1%
It was TERRIBLE (96)
7.89%

Watched Threads