Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I haven’t showed up in ages. I phoned the manager weeks before and he told me, he’ll give me days to think about it (since I told him ******** about my university business). It’s mcdonalds. I phoned him today telling him, I’m quitting. He just said ‘okay’. Shall I write a resignation letter? Tbh I can’t be asked but then I want a good reference but likely he’ll give it to me. There was so many things wrong with the place I’m working,I felt uncomfortable. Customers would pinpoint my ethnicity (racial slur) since it’s predominantly a white/British area. Managers would never give me the option to work at a till (but would give new trainee). People that worked there would roll weed where I’m eating, I still gag from it now. I would feel scared walking during night it’s dodgy and they always give me night shifts (no surprise there). Managers behave like children .

ReputationRep:
    Having worked in McDonalds myself, I can tell you that they honestly don't care if you write a letter or not. They might just take you seriously and put it in your file that you've resigned unless they lose your letter most probably(and they'll write a resignation letter for you lol).

Obviously leaving this job will be the best decision because unless you're a kiss-up who can do 72 hours a week for them without complaint, they won't care. And even if you do, they won't lol. And its the same in literally every other McDonalds out there. Good money if you work without having a social life, but apart from that, nothing good about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nana_)
    Having worked in McDonalds myself, I can tell you that they honestly don't care if you write a letter or not. They might just take you seriously and put it in your file that you've resigned unless they lose your letter most probably(and they'll write a resignation letter for you lol).

Obviously leaving this job will be the best decision because unless you're a kiss-up who can do 72 hours a week for them without complaint, they won't care. And even if you do, they won't lol. And its the same in literally every other McDonalds out there. Good money if you work without having a social life, but apart from that, nothing good about it.
    Funny enough, when I joined Mcdonalds and had my assessment taken someone brought a resignation letter in. So I thought writing a letter would be okay thing to do. Even though I hated it I didn’t want to give the manager this certain ‘image’ of my race as dumb as it sounds it’s really white area lol and there was a girl like me who quit too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nana_)

You are right. I don’t know what I was thinking of before even applying there. I’m happy to know people hate working at McDonald’s lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guinevere Arthur)
    Funny enough, when I joined Mcdonalds and had my assessment taken someone brought a resignation letter in. So I thought writing a letter would be okay thing to do. Even though I hated it I didn’t want to give the manager this certain ‘image’ of my race as dumb as it sounds it’s really white area lol and there was a girl like me who quit too
    Its procedure to write a resignation letter, then they can officially terminate you. But most probably they won't do it right away if it affects their turnover lol.

Yeah if you aren't happy in a job then best to leave, even if its mcdonalds!(where the customers are equally bad as the management hahaha)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nana_)
    Its procedure to write a resignation letter, then they can officially terminate you. But most probably they won't do it right away if it affects their turnover lol.

Yeah if you aren't happy in a job then best to leave, even if its mcdonalds!(where the customers are equally bad as the management hahaha)
    Omg lol wow this is amazing TSR. I can get help from anything. I like it here

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.