The Student Room Group

3 unconditional offers. decisions, decisions.

Hi everyone,

I did my A-Levels a few years ago and have received unconditional offers to study accounting and finance from Bristol West of England, Nottingham Trent and Portsmouth. I called up Coventry and they said they would change my conditional to an unconditional if I scan my results and send it to them.

which uni would you go to and why?
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Choose the uni you can see yourself studying there.
You say you did A-levels a few years ago. Wouldn't you have reapply?
Or did you apply this year and get unconditionals? In which case well done and I would recommend visiting each campus to see what it's like - where shops are etc.
Reply 3
Original post by laurawatt
You say you did A-levels a few years ago. Wouldn't you have reapply?
Or did you apply this year and get unconditionals? In which case well done and I would recommend visiting each campus to see what it's like - where shops are etc.

yeah I applied this year and got the above offers :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by izzy000
Hi everyone,

I did my A-Levels a few years ago and have received unconditional offers to study accounting and finance from Bristol West of England, Nottingham Trent and Portsmouth. I called up Coventry and they said they would change my conditional to an unconditional if I scan my results and send it to them.

None of which are particular good at your subject.
Bristol West of England is famous of media study and design.
Never have I heard of What Coventry and Nottingham Trent is good at.
I think Portsmouth has the best environment and most stable ranking comparing with the above three.
Original post by KeirCKF
I think Portsmouth has the best environment and most stable ranking comparing with the above three.

I too would recommend Portsmouth. Or you could just flip a 3-sided coin.
what's your 5th option? Maybe don't be so hasty
Original post by KeirCKF

Coventry is BEAST for Automotive and Mechanical Engineering.

Lots of F1 teams are based there and they recruit from Coventry Uni.
Also other car manafacturers like Jaguar Landrover

Also good for civil as Network Rail and big civils contractors recruit from there

Original post by izzy000
Hi everyone,

What subject are you doing, If engineering Coventry all the way IMO.

I know that UWE as they call it has got people in senior positions in big civils contractors due to the degree apprenticeship scheme they graduate with 5 years exp and get promoted 2-3 positions above where a graduate would start
Reply 8
Original post by bigstu99
Coventry is BEAST for Automotive and Mechanical Engineering.

Lots of F1 teams are based there and they recruit from Coventry Uni.
Also other car manafacturers like Jaguar Landrover

Also good for civil as Network Rail and big civils contractors recruit from there

What subject are you doing, If engineering Coventry all the way IMO.

I know that UWE as they call it has got people in senior positions in big civils contractors due to the degree apprenticeship scheme they graduate with 5 years exp and get promoted 2-3 positions above where a graduate would start

He is planning to study accounting and finance, thank you for the long message and info though lol
Original post by KeirCKF
He is planning to study accounting and finance, thank you for the long message and info though lol

aha ye I missed that key point lol

at least u have now heard what Coventry is good for
Reply 10
Original post by izzy000
Hi everyone,

You have until May to decide. There's quite literally no rush.
Reply 11
Original post by YouMadBro!
what's your 5th option? Maybe don't be so hasty

my 5th option is bradford
Original post by izzy000
Hi everyone,

You have a while to decide!
I would visit each one if I were you and see which one you feel more comfortable at:smile:
For each of mine I slept at the dorms, went to open days, went to the offer holders day and went to a lecture at one of them for the subject I wanted to do:biggrin: So I was able to choose the one I felt more comfortable at, which also happens to be the closest to me.
an apprenticeship in accounting or finance would be better than going to any of these of these unis in terms of job prospects and future salary.
Reply 14
Original post by izzy000
Hi everyone,

Trent because Times uni of the year, loads of students attend there and it's in Nottingham which has one of the best nightlife scenes in the country
If you're finding it difficult to choose then maybe you should visit each university. Applicant days should be going on about now and you get to see exactly the vibe from the uni you get to go to, how they teach the subject you're planning on studying and also the city you will be staying in. That really helped me choose which uni I wanted to go to
what are your alevel grades?
Reply 17
Original post by 27FT
If you're finding it difficult to choose then maybe you should visit each university. Applicant days should be going on about now and you get to see exactly the vibe from the uni you get to go to, how they teach the subject you're planning on studying and also the city you will be staying in. That really helped me choose which uni I wanted to go to

yeah I want to do that too. highest on my list are currently Coventry, nottingham and Portsmouth after comparing and doing a pro and cons with all of them
Reply 18
Original post by a-spiringmedic
what are your alevel grades?

A - German
B - Psychology
C - French
D - Maths

initially studied psychology in uni but wasn't a big fan so dropped out after one year.
Bristol is the best one out of those.

Quick Reply

Latest