The Student Room Group
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

Anyone studying international relations at Westminster?

Hello, I have recently received 2 unconditional offers from Westminster for international relations and Chinese/French. Is anyone taking this course? What are your thoughts about it? Are the lecturers competent?
Original post by evogare
Hello, I have recently received 2 unconditional offers from Westminster for international relations and Chinese/French. Is anyone taking this course? What are your thoughts about it? Are the lecturers competent?

Hi there

Firstly congratulations on receiving two unconditional offers to study International Relations with a Language at Westminster.

I have sent your thread out to current students on the course so hopefully you will receive a response back. Semester Two only starts back next week so there will be more students around.

Best wishes and have a great weekend.

Kim
Course Enquiries Team
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Hello there! Firstly I would like to congratulate you on both of your unconditional offers from Westminster! My name is Teodora and I'm in my second year now studying French and International Relations at University of Westminster. I'm from Romania and I have come especially to London for my degree almost 2 years ago, and I can only say I'm really enjoying it so far! The University is great, proving lots of opportunities, exchanges, projects, scholarships and trips, which is one of the main reasons I chose this University. Moreover, regarding the course, I can say there are goods and bads, as I believe every course has. Doing a joint degree is a difficult, but exciting choice, and I believe it's a different experience for each person, as life at University is what you make of it. I'm a post-intermediate now for French, as I have studied it before back home, and I was really excited with the fact that we are not only learning the language, but also we are exploring the culture and society of France which made things even more exciting! For me, International Relations was a totally new subject to learn, as I have never been in touch with any Politics or International Relations studies in high school. Personally, I have found it a bit difficult, but manageable; so interesting as it totally transformed my way of thinking about the world. The lecturers in Politics and IR Department are really good, as are the ones from SSH, and really helpful and friendly. You are encouraged to ask everything you do not understand, the atmosphere in lectures and seminars is really open, so I have never felt as I did not get the chance to really figure out the problems I might have had. I'm also leaving for an year abroad next year to France, Belgium or Canada, have not yet decided, as a part of the degree, and it is such a great opportunity for me to improve my language and employability skills. I hope this managed to answer your questions. If you have any other concerns, I'm really happy to answer them too. Best wishes, Teodora Mares

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending